The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 jeep cherokee laredo 104,000 miles schaumburg, il $3,500.

kooter

So I really don't want to sell the jeep. But I am willing to sacrafice it to fund my GVR4.

So lets start with

The bad.
It has jeep rust. Not the worst I have ever seen but it is rough.
Horns have been unplugged due to honking at random times when turning.
Radio power antena broke, has non power antena stuck in the hole. head unit(not stock) has aux input.
Lower dash ends not bolted down. center concole not screw down.
Slight wheel hoppish on hard turns, normal turns no issue.
"PRNDL" trim around shifter. broken.

The good
I have owned this cherokee for just over a year. Got it with about 102,00 miles currently has 103,xxx So I haven't driven it to much. Most miles have been in the last few months.

First thing I did when I got it

New front sway bar links. one was broken. Replaced both.

Shocks all the way around. Stock cheapies from orielly's.

Front brakes including calipers.

Fuel filter

Plugs, cap, rotor

5 brand new goodyear wrangler sr-a 225-75-15

Rugged ridge exhaust manifold exhaust painted, titanium wrapped, high temp silicone coated.Heat cycled. Walker exhaust 2 months ago. Completely replace brand new engin to tail pipe.

Throttle body spacer

Air filter was soaked in oil. All pcv/vent hoses replaced with factory parts. removed valve cover. Lots of sludge. Has been removed and cleaned twice. 3rd air filter has stayed pretty clean. Has had 4 oil changes in the thousand or so miles. Last time was filled with valvoline high milage synth. Bosch long distance filter I believe

Water pump, t stat & housing, fan clutch, all replaced 300 miles ago working great doesn't go above half on temp guage at a stop, while driving it is well under half.

4X4 works great I have used it about a dozen times, As I hear we are supposed to get 5 or 6 inches of snow tonight I will be using it for sure. Honestly this thing is awsome in the snow. It is part time 4 wheel. Only to be used when the wheels are able to slip. You cannot drive around on dry pavement with this 4X4 setup.

I have tried to describe the condition of this cherokee as best as I can. If I have forgetten anything I will add. But I think that is everything.

Lastly I know I have well over the 3500 invested into this jeep. I am not looking for a quick sale and as much as I would love to negotiate I really can't go much lower. As I am trying to fund the vr4 build. I would consider gvr4 part and a lesser cash offer combined. Also consider trade for another GVR4.(glutton for punishment I am)

Feel free to text me (224)388-1517 or pm me with any question's.

Lancer99

Nice, I wish I had the money for it. Always wanted to lift one and make it just an off road use only. Good luck with the sale though.

kooter

also most likely be listing a 97 grand prix gtp pretty soon.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts