The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 92 GVR-4 $1200 Central WI

Just bought the car and put a few hundred miles on the already existing 200K and the alternator went out. While I was looking to change it I finally got to get a good look at underneath the car. It's very rusty all around, the radiator fins are falling apart (car overheats when idling for about 5-10 min, and may also need a water pump), there's a hole in the floor where I can see carpet under the passenger seat area, one of the side skirts are tapped up because it was hanging. Trunk does not open, no radio, there is damage on one of the fenders, no turn signals by the headlights (the ones on the bumpers still work fine. I'm trying to make sure I list everything I know that is wrong with it, previous owner wasn't honest with me at all, but I also should have investigated more than I did. The car runs and drives nice, new battery and tires are in really good shape. I can charge the battery so test drives are available around the block. Car also has a salvaged title, I looked up a history report and it says the salvaged title was issued from the very first buyer. It also says it was never in a recorded accident, fire, flood etc., so I'm not sure why it's salvaged. I'm not on the computer too often, so texting/calling me((920)284-2570 )would be the fastest way to get a hold of me with questions and offers. I work third shift so if I don't answer right away I will get back to you ASAP. I will be adding pictures as soon as I can as well. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ktmrider

Sorry about the issues with the car and PO.

Heads up, check the FS ad formats for your header/title and main body. Mods will delete for format and no pics. Also one big run-on paragraph is a PITA for us old guys to read.

And on pics get as many shots of the rust as humanly possible.

G

Staff member
What is the badge #?

James

Sounds like a part out and scrap type of situation. And I hate to say that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Quoting James:
Sounds like a part out and scrap type of situation. And I hate to say that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

that's what I am afraid of. I figured I'd try and see if anybody had any use for it on here.

I believe the # is 658/1000. I'll have to double check though.

maroonmetallic

If it IS 658/1000, here's another thread for a little history of the car.
OLD sale ad
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

-Shawn

Yep that's it. That also reminds me that I forgot to mention that the seat belts don't move. Never even looked at it.
Also, I'm having problems getting pictures onto my computer. I apologize that i don't have those up yet.

4wheelsqueal

Glad its not 555/2000! I put so much time into getting that car back on the road only to have it trashed by idots! Glws!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts