The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sold/Parts Available: '91 Galant VR-4, Belize Green, 1741/2000

**Parts still available! Text the number below.**
**Parts car. No transmission. Chewy chassis.**

Hey guys,

The time has come to sell my dream car, which I had the pleasure of owning and driving for exactly one day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm not sure of its full provenance, but from what I understand, it was owned by GVR4 members from its first day. It spent some time as a rally car in the Midwest, then moved to New York for daily driving duty, wound up in Canada and then came home with me to Detroit, where it promptly blew all four brake lines. I took out the trans to have it rebuilt, and found out that the trans wasn't salvageable after all. The fuel filler neck has a rupture in it, so it was leaking profusely -- I put it on a lift to check it out, and realized the entire chassis is rusting away. In short, the car is good for body panels (the hood needs painted, but the rest of the panels are really solid), wheels (damn, I hate to lose those gorgeous bodycolor kicks), interior components (though the stitching on the backseat blew out the first day I got it, the rest of the interior is fair to good condition), AWD components (installed a new-ish T-case in previous owner's driveway), engine (third engine that I know of, Evo III turbo) and, of course, the dash plaque.

Oh, by the way: it comes with those super-rare rocker moldings and rear fender doglegs and a brand new pile of parts ordered off RockAuto...

AIRTEX / WELLS 1S4951 Back Up Lamp Switch $ 12.98 $ 0.00 1 $ 12.98
AUTO EXTRA / CHASSIS RITE AXK9475 (RK9475) Stabilizer Bar Link $ 7.36 $ 0.00 2 $ 14.72
DAYCO 5040390 Belt $ 8.77 $ 0.00 1 $ 8.77
DAYCO 17265 Belt $ 5.67 $ 0.00 1 $ 5.67
DORMAN 520837 (520-837) Control Arm $ 60.79 $ 0.00 1 $ 60.79
DORMAN 520838 (520-838) Control Arm $ 72.99 $ 0.00 1 $ 72.99
GATES 21065 Radiator Lower Hose $ 11.27 $ 0.00 1 $ 11.27
GATES 21756 Radiator Upper Hose $ 7.60 $ 0.00 1 $ 7.60
MEVOTECH MP902977 Strut Mount $ 21.79 $ 0.00 2 $ 43.58
MOOG ES2347RL Tie Rod End $ 23.99 $ 0.00 2 $ 47.98
Discount $ -14.32
Shipping Ground $ 30.64
Order Total $ 302.67

The car has to go ASAP. It kills me to part with it... but it's taking up a friend's driveway, and he's getting impatient.

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuel filler door was sent along with the valve cover as a color sample for powdercoating. Not sure if the p-coater ever even finished the job, and I haven't gotten the cover back, so you'll need to bring your own. The engine is solid, though.

Here's the timetable if the car doesn't sell:
End of December: list on DSMtuners/other Mitsu sites
Middle of January: list locally on Craigslist
End of January: strip driveline parts and rare trim and send it to scrap

My biggest hope is that the car will die so that others may boost on. Really, I just want to make back what I have in the car after buying that giant pile of parts from RockAuto, performing some maintenance to it, importing it and having it towed. I'll let the giant pile of RockAuto parts go for $200. It's stuff you'll need, at a giant discount, so step right up! Must take all the parts, though.

Car must be sold or scrapped by January 31, period.

If you want parts, make a serious offer and prepare to pay for actual shipping. For serious inquiries about the car, text is best -- my number's in the first post. Parts potentially sold: turbo and front bumper (Eric); fenders, OEM steering wheel, trunk plastics (Rich). I'm keeping the dash plaque unless someone makes me a crazy good offer for that, too. Really hope I can sell the entire car instead of part it out.

Also, does anyone in the Detroit area have a set of steelies I can mount to the car, so I can save these OEM wheels?

Car is still available, evobeast. Appreciate the interest from everyone. Please understand that the chassis is chewy and not restorable. If I could salvage the chassis, I wouldn't be selling the car. It's good as a parts car.

dsm10o0

Sell me the badge? since its going to get scrapped anyways, let me know. thanks and happy new year

If I scrap the car, I'm losing a lot of money on it, and I'm keeping the dash plaque so I have something to show for it. Might consider selling the plaque by itself for $100.

TurboDSM

still have the car? have you started to part it out yet or is it whole?

stupidweirdo

How bad is the rust? Can you get some pics?

Car has been sold. New owner will be using the AWD underpinnings and scrapping the rest of the car. He's picking it up today. If you want parts off this car, now's the time to ask. He'll let me take parts off the car until it goes to scrap. Local pickup is best for large items. Remember, this is a 22-year-old car; the panels are straight, but have natural patina -- scratches, fading clearcoat, small rock chips, whathaveyou.

Here are the parts I'm going to strip off and keep, just in case. Anything else I should add to the list?

Rear spoiler
Gauge cluster
Rocker molding
Door cladding
Wheels
Front seats

**If you need parts, please text me. I don't check this thread/PMs often enough.**

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned