The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS:SOLD

Lancer99

Damn I love the look and the engine but don't have room or the money. GLWS!

TSimage

Very interesting car and we are actually local to each other. I wish it was a decent FS ad howver. No pics of the interior, no pics of the engine.. Maybe even a start up vid would be nice.

I noticed you said the trans is fine, at the current moment how does the vehicle run and also what is the millage on the motor and trans that were swapped in. There are a billion 350 chevy v8s, any idea of what one it is and the power it makes? Thanks.

hauling_ass

I will ad more details when I get a chance.
I am probaly going to have the floor pans done before I sell it.
According to the BAR tag the engine is a 1973 350.
I am not sure how to tell visually if it has a turbo 350 or a 700R automatic transmission yet (apparently both are common with 350 Jags).
I will be getting more information about this car from BAR this week hopefullly.
It runs but runs rough, we believe the timing is off because when you revi it is spits back out the carb.
I will be doing a tune up on the engine as soon as I get a chance.
The tranny doesn't slip but sometimes it doesn't engage when you shift it into gear.
I was told that the orings on the servos of the valve body are probaly dried out.
So it probaly needs a new valve body, which I will inevitably do at some point.
I am amazed at how many people ask about this car, but they all want it fixed and finished so they can drive it home.
They seem to over look the term "project".
But I really like the look of this car and the simplicity.

The price is negotiable right now as it sits. But the more I work on the car the more I will be asking for it.

JNR

I think that would be a cool project and wouldn't mind something like that if I had the time. The most obvious clue for what kind of transmission it is would be if it has a D-2-1 or an D with an O around it then D-2-1 or 3-2-1...also, if you drive it, count how many shifts it does; TH 350 will be 3, TH700R4 will be 4...there are other external ways to tell by the pan...google is your friend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is in the bay area right? Too bad it wasn't local, cause at this price I could see it being not too hard to get going if it's complete and all...what does freight on something like this cost I wonder.

hauling_ass

I am in Sacramento.
The factory Jaguar shifter is hooked up to the trans and the factory shifter has P,N,R,D,1,2.
So mabye it is a turbo 350?
I do own a truck and a car trailer and can deliver for an additional fee. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mountaineerjeff

if you were on my side of the Mississippi then this would already be mine. this could be a sweet little hotrod with some tweaking. im sure theres plenty of room under the hood for some positive manifold pressure.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts