The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS:1702/2000 1991 Galant VR4 Built Eng. Decatur, IL. $$$ 4250 make offer

This car has never been exposed to salt and is in very good condition. It has a coulple dings on the driver fender and roof. It has some clear coat chipping on the roof and wing, but otherwise paint is in good condition. The leather has very light wear on the driver seat. Everything is in good working order - Sunroof, cruise, and power steering. The A/C does need recharged. This wasnt done when the engine was reinstalled. This car has spent its entire life in the south. The front struts will need replaced soon as well as the valve cover gasket. I havent had time to mess with either of these issues. I have the receipts for engine and trans build. This car is not perfect and is priced reasonably.

1991 Galant VR4 1702/2000

Engine and trans rebuilt/assembled 8/17/2011 by Jack transmission

Wiseco pistons and Manley rods

Transmission is a 2.3HD build with EVOlll 5th gear upgrade

264 Kelford Cams

Greddy timing belt with adjustable Cam gears

650 Presicion Injectors

ACT 4puck sprung Clutch and flywheel

Fuel pressure regulator

Profec boost controller with boost set at 14psi

18X7 Sportmax wheels with 50% tires

3"x26" EBAY Intercooler

2.5" downpipe with 3" back to Magnaflow muffler

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 4,250 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CALL 217-972-0150

Last edited by a moderator:

Rausch

Please put a location in the title. Thanks!

TARZAN

Did I overlook how it was tuned? Possibly interested.

-Will

I honestly can't remember how the previous owner said he had it tuned. I haven't had any problems.

calcaliente

Carfax shows three owners.....

The same owner has had it since new. They had to get new registration when they moved. So it is a ONE OWNER. Thanks

strokin4dr

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

How many miles on the car? Can you post some more/better pictures of it from different angles? Still have the stock wheels? Still stock rear with 4ws? Thanks

JNR

Quoting TheGat:
Carfax shows three owners.....

I don't trust carfax with the owners (as in the true amount), as I got screwed on my V by the dealer who put me down twice as an owner and the only way I could prove it was to show when I bought it vs. what carfax showed. Reaslly sucked when I went to sell it as it looked like one more owner than in reality. For me, I get turned off by any more than 2 owners (me being the 3rd), although I try to find one-owner cars and will pay a premium for that...this one sounds like it has at least 2 actual and multiple reported?

If you are indeed the 2nd owner, then that's good for a potential buyer vs. if they were the 4th or 5th, etc. Car looks clean...I already have a really nice one, so no more for me, but a free bump is always good, lol.

The body has 188k. The motor and trans have about 10k. It does not have 4WS anymore.

Thanks for the bump. These cars are getting harder and harder to find without rust issues.

There is some paint fade on the spoiler and roof. Nothing major just typical clear coat.

91_427

Let's see some pics of the undercarriage to show off that rust free body! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

It is a economy rebuild block and head with 264 kelford cams.

The trans is a 2.3HD with EvoIII 5th gear upgrade.

The motor and trans have around 7k on them.

It does not use any oil and pulls strong.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts