The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: 1991 JDM "Evolution" Galant VR-4 (Saskatchewan, Canada, $3900)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitcho

Hi everyone.

I'm considering selling my Galant and wanted to make this known to the members of this board. I also intend to post this for sale locally if I don't get any interest here.

Imported from Japan in 2006. Had 87,xxx kilometers when brought over. Here are pics of the carbefore it left Japan.

Currently has 118,xxx kilometers, a few minor mods such a k&n drop in filter, stainless brake lines, 2.5in exhaust w/ apexi muffler, nardi steering wheel. Also have a USDM roof rack and fairing that are available. The car has some issues including bad valve stem seals and bad turbo oil seals. Front KYB struts and mounts are also in poor condition. Cloth interior is in excellent condition, paint is so-so. No accidents. All electrics including rear wiper and power folding mirrors work fine. 4WS is still intact. Has OEM JDM Rainguards.

I am making this post to see if 1) anyone is interested in a JDM Galant and 2) if the legality situation will prevent someone from bringing this car into the US. AFAIK, a car like this needs to be 25 years old to be imported into the US. My car is located in Saskatchewan, Canada.

Here is a couple current pics, I will take more if desired.

RkR6fl.jpg

XcG0cl.jpg

Edit: Had the ECU caps replaced by keydiver when the car came over. He socketed the ECU with a chip for custom 91 octane maps. I will include the original ECU chip that is intended to be used with higher octane gas.

Last edited:

unistylef

Looks great on the outside. You might make more money parting it out I think.

kitcho

Asking 3900 obo (without roof rack)

Last edited:

citymunky

CAD or USD, either way its still CHEAP!!! BTW what happened to the foglights? If I have the cash for the car, shipping and paying a RA to make it legal I would.

Quoting unistylef:

WHAT?! Go shoot yourself.

Last edited:

holeshotmoe

Very cool! First time I noticed the console is a bit different from USDM versions. Namely the HVAC controls, flat (vs inclined) section behing the shifter with the mirror controls and the box behind that. GLWS

toybreaker

iconoclast
Please edit the thread title to include a price and location as per the rules.

Thanks!

3rdstrikedsm

Drive it over the border and it's worth double what you are asking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quoting citymunky:
CAD or USD, either way its still CHEAP!!! BTW what happened to the foglights? If I have the cash for the car, shipping and paying a RA to make it legal I would.

Quoting unistylef:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I was gonna say, I'll take the hood, front bumper and fogs.

Actually I'm poor but if I had the money I'd buy the car in a heartbeat, US legal or not I'd get around that somehow.

Jesus_Negros

Nice car, wonder how hard would it be to get it legal here in the US....any rust?

Last edited by a moderator:

kitcho

Quoting 3rdstrikedsm:
Drive it over the border and it's worth double what you are asking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm trying to figure out the legality of doing this. AFAIK, when I cross the border I need to declare what I am going to leave in the country. I don't think I can legally leave my car there, but I will have to do more research. Honestly, I would rather sell it for my asking price in Canada than deal with potential complications from US authorities.

dsm10o0

I'd part out my car and vin swap this to make it ill-legal. Lol if only I had cash. Been thinking of shipping one to the us since they are almost 25 years old.

citymunky

It's not hard to make a pre-25 year old car legal, esp if a similar model was sold here within the US. The car's 1st in the US would be at a local RI (Registered Importer). There is a list on the NHTSA website, the RI will than conform the car to US Safety Standards.

kitcho

I just wanted to clear something up for the people PMing me interested in the car.

I have done some research and determined, as I suspected, that it is illegal for me to drive my car across and sell it to an American because it is not yet 25 years old. So people asking me to drive it across to meet for a sale etc, please be advised I will sell my car in Canada only. It is up to the buyer to make the car admissible into the US.

Thank you.

Last edited:

GVR47111K

In4GroupBuy/MovingToCanada.

citymunky

That's what the Registered Importer is for. The make the imported car legal by meeting the US safety standards. It is cheaper to import are car that have been sold in US (ie a E39A, Galant). If you plan on importing a car that was never sold in the US like a Ford Ka, or that nobody has imported before prepare to import 2 cars (one for a crash test).

Quoting citymunky:

Quoting unistylef:

HAHAHAHAHA! Up for this rare wip!

ade

somebody trailer a clean vr4 shell, with a bunch off junk to match the weight of his jdm vr4 over the border. swap over every jdm bit off his car onto yours, scrap all the junk and then trailer the vr4 back. works every time:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts