The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: [AZ] 92 KG 464 $2500 - 99% stock, turnkey DD w/ AC, all maint

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR1665

BUMP: Pretty sure I've found my Montero. Can't buy it until I sell 464. I'm about to step outside and start preparing to pull the engine. Maybe I'll wash it today and snap some pics. <b>I would really appreciate feedback on pricing.</b>

EDIT: Car is in Arizona, officially for sale now. Adding pictures below.

As I get this car ready to sell, I'll be posting pictures here and on my project site (Tarmac &amp; Gravel, linked below). Once it's done, I'm putting it on Craigslist. I could probably also deliver or meet you halfway within 5-6 hours of Phoenix.

Thanks for the read and feedback.

<b>The Good</b>
+ Will have low mile (&lt;10K) engine under the hood when sold. Stock, save gasket-matched head, hacked air can, possible Cyclone intake manifold.
+ Engine will have new tbelt, water/oil pumps, BSEK (stubby), belts, pullies, etc..
+ Engine bay/underbody will be steam cleaned. Will not leak a drop of anything.
+ Radiator is less than 2 years old. OEM fans for maximum reliability/cooling.
+ Goodyear Eagle GT tires, just under 6K miles on them, rotated once.
+ Fully functional AC. Blows 45°F all summer long.
+ Owner's manual, matching dash badge and original keychain.
+ JDM front bumper, pre-facelift fogs (the ones with the turn signals), JDM headlights, clear corners (or parts to make a set)
+ 89 tails with chrome trim all around (or original 92 lights, your choice).
+ 9/10 interior - leather is firm most places, but only wear appears to be on driver bolster, mild stains on carpet (will shampoo).

<b>The Bad</b>
+ IMPORTANT: Front passenger 3/4 was replaced prior to my owning it. Very slight cosmetic issues up front (grille is zip tied, for example).
+ IMPORTANT: RESTORED salvage title. I was rear-ended by a Jetta doing about 45mph. Hit was just off-center, pushing rear driver side quarter *just* into rear passenger door. Uneven gaps between trunk and rear fenders, used a hammer to clearance the back door on driver's side. Not cost effective to do a MisterFixit-style restoration. All damage is slight. Car tracks straight and true. No abnormal tire wear or anything like that. (pictures below)
+ Previous owner did (or had) a shitty paint job done. Some kind of synthetic paint. It's orange peel and has no real gloss. Pained the whole car EXCEPT the passenger front door, roof, and top of the trunk lid. (pictures below)
+ Hood does not match rest of car. Will paint flat/matte black. Picture below explains why.
+ LOW AC/heater fan speed does not work. All others do.
+ Power antenna doesn't go up/down, still has reception.
+ Sunroof - naturally - doesn't work. I *might* have this fixed by then.
+ Will NOT have a radio or speakers in it.

There is nothing wrong with this car that would ever keep it from being returned to awesome, mint condition. It's just that, with a twice salvaged/restored title, what's the point? The beauty of this car is that it's a solid runner (once the engine is replaced). It's stock, unmolested. I've daily driven it for three years now without much trouble at all. Looking to get $2500-$3000 for it, given the reliability I'm going to make sure it delivers on sale and all the little nice-to-haves that come with it.

Appreciate any feedback you might have. I am <b>NOT</b> parting this one out. Full history on this car (and 195/2000) available on Tarmac &amp; Gravel.

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
Please add an asking price and location to the title as per the rules.

Thanks.

John

DR1665

Oops. Sorry about that, John. My bad.

Hosed it down and took these pictures today (2/20/12).

Front passenger 3/4. Front door is original paint. No idea why PO did not paint it to match rest of car. If the camber looks off up front, it's because I raised the car on one side while troubleshooting, haven't moved it since I set it back down.

Standing up. You can see the sunroof has the sag typical of wonkiness. All drain lines are clear and it does not leak into the cabin at all - even in automatic car washes. I will be putting a different hood on the car for the new owner. If I can't find a KG one (good luck), I'll paint one flat/matte black.

You can see where the Jetta rammed me. Note gaps on trunk lid sides are not equal. Driver's side is slightly wider than passenger side. Trunk still opens, closes, remote-pops, etc. just fine. Power antenna does NOT work, but is still connected. Reception seems fine to me.

Rear driver's side 3/4. Again, the paint isn't that bad, it's just not good. Definitely a 6-footer.

Close up of worst damage done from Jetta Incident. Quarter was pushed into rear door slightly, causing binding of front door. I used a small sledge to "clearance" things so I could pass the inspection, get the title restored, and drive it again. Door opens/closes just fine. Also, notice the finish on the paint.

While we're here, detail shot of the tread on the tires looking at the front passenger. They are OEM sized Goodyear Eagle GTs with less than 6,000 miles on them.

JDM front bumper cover, headlights, pre-facelift fogs. All are functional. Low beams stay on with high beams, but do not have them wired to activate the second filaments on the low beams. The two posts on the back of the driver side clear corner snapped off, but I have something like 3 sets of USDM corners, so the plan is to bake one and swap the clear bits to a better back.

Front seats. Auto belts work fine, driver's is a little frayed. I can provide replacement to buyer. Worn bolster is the only wear I know of anywhere in the interior. I'll be cleaning/conditioning everything before sale.

Back seats are excellent. No stress/splits/cracks on headrests.

View looking forward. Momo wheel and knob included. Stereo and logger cable stay with me. Might have another deck for the car and a couple stock speakers to get you home if you want.

1992 owners manual is in leather "GalantVR4" branded binder. Still has original badge, original keychain.

These are NOT replicas. Not that there is anything wrong with replicas, but it's nice to know these have stood the test of time and stayed together.

I am preparing to pull the engine and replace it with the one I was building for the race car. Engine bay currently looks like this. Once I get this lump out, I'll be steam cleaning everything and completing the build of the replacement engine. Pictures to come as I progress in coming weeks.

This isn't a candidate for a restoration, but it would make a really nice daily driver for someone who just wants a simple, reliable Galant VR4. The interior is particularly nice. Once this is complete, it goes on Craigslist locally, but for now, I'm keeping it here. Any questions, feel free. This car will sell ready-to-modify with all maintenance done.

Thanks for looking.

ktmrider

Hmmmmm, tell me the cruise still works and you'll likely have a buyer.

I'm still in Japan right now, will send a PM about some possible scenarios.

DR1665

Cruise works like a charm. Car is Mike's unless he says otherwise.

It's been too long since I've been through the ABQ.

turbojew

Interested in trades?

DR1665

@turbojew As tasty as a Starion would be, I'm selling for the sole purpose of buying a different Astron-powered Mitsubishi. Namely, this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts