The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 489/1000 1992 Galant VR-4 $4000 Greensboro, NC

mixx2001

Well, she's finally up for sale. I never thought I would do it, as my dream was to always have two GVR4s. But until I can get my dream garage built, I just can't justify it right now. I recently took a job in Chapel Hill, NC (about 120 mile daily), so I need something less modified and better on gas than my Volvo 745 Tic, or either of my GVR4s (like a Civic). So I'm down sizing. I don't have to sell, so I'm very firm on the price. It's one of those "If someone wants to give me $4000 for it, they can have it" deals. I orginally purchased the car as a stock daily driver, light bolt ons, and a stereo. The car has never been raced. Not even one launch. Just some occasional spirited driving. I installed the Jack's Rebuild simply beacuse I was getting one for my other GVR4, and figured why not do both.

It's a 1992 GVR4 489/1000 with almost 160k on the clock. BRAND NEW (less than 1000 miles) Sumic GT60A 195/60/15 88H Tires. Only modifications are AGX Struts/Shocks Whiteline Springs up front, with H&R's in the back, Magnecor Wires, and a Buschur Racing 2.5" Turbo back, with a 3" Cat welded over the 2.5" Off Road Pipe to give the illusion of "compliance". I installed a fresh stock Jack's Rebuilt Transmission less than 1000 miles ago. I was on a budget, so I didn't get to install a new Clutch, TO/Pilot Bearing, or Slave, and she still shifts light years better than any AWD 4G63 powered vehicle I've ever driven. It also has Boston Acoustic separates up front (RC-51's or 61's I believe), and 6.5" BA full ranges in the back (RX-67's), with a Sony CDX-GT520, XM-6020, XM-4040, as well as a 12" Rockford P2 in a sealed box. It's sounds great now, but with the proper tuning it would more than likely sound amazing. Or you can just rip it all out and Craigslist it, I don't care. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

There's a Power Steering leak in one of the AWS lines, going to the rear rack, close to the rack, so there's no PS at the moment, but until that leak arrived it was fine. Since I'm not driving the car, I'm not going to fix it. You may be able to repair the line/seal, but worst case scenario, you're looking at replacing one of the two lines that connect to the rear rack (can't remember which one it is). Paint on the Roof/Trunk/Spoiler is loosing the clearcoat. Emergency Brake is disconnected, due to the Passenger Rear Caliper seizing. I replaced that Caliper with a new Beck Arnley unit, and just never got round to getting a new cable.

I only have insurance on the car (tags are no good), so I can take take you for a test drive, but you'll need to bring a plate with you, or tow this baby home. No one else drives her, unless they pay for her. I've towed undrivable GVR4's home for more than $4k, so if you can't glean all information needed to decide whether or not you want to purchase this car from me taking you on a test drive, then this isn't the transaction for you. If you familiar with AWD 4G63 Cars at all, you'll know, one mis-shift can do irreversible damage to these transmissions, and I don't want to throw away an $800 Jack's Rebuild.

I've been a member here since 2003, but I hadn't logged in so long my account was reset, so thats why my account shows only 1 post. Here's my other GVR4. I've Let me know if you guys have any questions. Thanks for looking!!

img1360j.jpg

img1361ao.jpg

img1362dw.jpg

img1363t.jpg

img1372y.jpg

img1370g.jpg

img1368ft.jpg

img1369qi.jpg

img1364vw.jpg

img1367av.jpg

Last edited:

turbojew

Very Clean GLWS

mixx2001

Quoting turbojew:
Very Clean GLWS

Thanks!

Quoting ScreaminE:
Does the car have AC? Is the car an original southern car? (rust on hood)

I bought it from Bob King Mitsubishi, back in 2008, and they gave me a story of an original owner garage kept stereo queen from Chicago. There's surface rust on misc hardware, fittings, and lines under the car (and that spot on the hood), but the rest of the body is pretty clean. I never use A/C, but I believe it worked for the first year I had it, and that there is a leak somewhere. I'll have to go out and check to see if the compressor works later today. I'll post back, when I verify.

turbojew

are these transmissions that fragile? Im used to KM132 trans from Starions and there frickin bullet proof to 400 whp

mixx2001

Quoting HHIVR4:
JD welcome back!!!Long time man!

Yo Dave!! Oh, I've been around. Just lurking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Apparently I should've logged in once and a while.

Last edited:

mixx2001

Quoting turbojew:
are these transmissions that fragile? Im used to KM132 trans from Starions and there frickin bullet proof to 400 whp

No, not always, but it depends on how bad the mis-shift is. I've seen kids ruin these trannys in as little as one pass at the strip. I just can't take that chance with a complete stranger.

Last edited:

jrtech

Pm sent

Terrance362

Wow you are right down the street. Wish I had 4 grand to put on another car. I saw a white one in that pic what is up with it

Boostdtalon

I'm very interested in this car. Just waiting for funds to get here. Text me or call me so i can talk to you about the car. Willing to pay asking price and arrange pick up.

336-937-5063

Josiah

deusamo

Sold?

deusamo

Sold to me. JD, you are awesome. The car was so amazing on the way home. And guess what? The A/C works. It's not crazy ice cold, but it's cold enough for now. Anywhoo, thanks man!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts