The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 #978 $4,500.00, Washington, Pa

Status
Not open for further replies.

I ended up getting the car back, but its not really fitting into my lifestyle and it has now a vibration under hard acceleration & the windshield is starting to crack at the inpection sticker. No evidence of a rock from the outside, and I cant feel anything on the inside, Hard to say how it happened. Not sure on the vibration either. The carrier bearings are filled, but i'm guessing the wrong material was used, or its simply not filled all the way around. Driveshaft stills moves up & down considerably, could be a u-joint. I'm hear no howling or any noise from the rear end to think its the rear end.

I'm gonna be real with you all. I'm 40 years old, Married & a Father, I haven't the time nor energy anymore to address every hiccup on the car. And being its a five speed car, its causing some waves in the household because the wife cannot and will not learn to drive a 5spd car. Its best to let it go to someone who has more time & patientence than I do.

The car is really clean for the age, a few dents here and there. No rust on the car, underside is good, There is a dimple in the center of the hood. Looks like someone shut the hood when something was on the valve cover.

I've been working on these cars now for 10 years, and to put it simple, I'm tired

I have a complete write up and a 5 minute walkaround video of the car so you can view it. I had it listed locally on Craigslist for 5200.00, I have lowered that price to $4500.00 because of the Vibration & crack in the windsheild. The AC, Cruise Control & 4WS all work as they should.

The engine is fresh as of this year April. Maybe 2000 Honest Miles on it. It was done with .20 Mitsubishi Pistons, Stock Rods (Reconditioned), Polished Crank, ACL Bearing, Head redone, new valve seals, valve job, pressure check, etc. It has DSMLINK V2 on it, I got it tuned at 19psi, 10.5.1 A/F Ratio with 15 Degrees of timing by redline. No Knock, Has a MHI Small 16G Turbo, Ported 2g Manifold, Ported o2 Housing, 3" Turbo Back Exhuast, New Brakes, Rotors, Tires, Etc.

Like I said you can read all about the car on my webiste & view the Video at the bottom of the page. www.mad-performance.net

Last edited by a moderator:

I would also like to add, that i would be willing to do a trade of some sort plus a couple bucks.

Cars Id be interested in are Honda Accords, AC Must work, and be able to drive right now, Also must be automatic.

Saturns, (4 door), Subaru Legacy, Chevy Malibu, Outbacks, SSE Bonneville's. Cars along those lines. Family oriented vehicles that are automatic, AC has got to work, And not need any major work. Brakes, tires, mufflers, Easy stuff to fix is fine.

Let me know what you have and maybe we can work something out.

AWDnot2

Mario! Small world. Hey could you meet up with with me sometime this week or weekend?
Did you fill the carriers while the drive shaft was still on the car?

PM sent.

Want to add I just bought a Complete 4 bolt rear to swap out the 3 bolt rear in the car now. This should make the car a little more inviting. Not sure when I'll have the time to install it with my crazy schedule, but non the less, it will be here in a matter of days.

Car is gone. For all those draggin their feet again. You missed out again on a nice car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned