The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS:/feeler '92 gvr4 project race car in newengland 12k/obo

Mike Green

The time has come to try and find a good home for my car. It has been sitting in storage for too many years and it needs to be finished. To be honest it has been sitting for long enough that I have forgotten some of the specs on the parts. I will make as complete a list as possible. I will be parting the car out if it doesn't sell but I wanted to try this way first.

I started the fab work on the car when I was working part time at KTR, when I moved on I had Dentsport continue the work and they were the last people to actually work on the car. No time and no place to work on the car means it has to go.

some pics album
album

Some highlights

it has been sitting for a long time

Parts list (I will edit this as I remember more. I just want to get the ball rolling.)

2.3l cryo treated motor -I bought a cryoed stroker kit. I think it came from FFWD but I am not sure. The engine was assembled by the engine builder at Ktr Motorsports. He usually builds the motors for the vintage race cars. Multimillion dollar Ferraris and the like. The block was oringed. It has aftermarket rods the I can't remember the brand of. Everything in the motor is new. Oversize valves in a ported head, with solid lifters, and aftermarket cams of some sort.

A fully built TRE tranny with all the bells and whistles with Quaife front and center diffs.

2 quad ball bearing turbos I is a t3/t4 and the second is a full t4

Full race manifold

air/liquid intercooler- all of the plumbing is done with wiggins clamps

Aluminum driveshaft and driveshaft shop axles

DMS 50 mm. suspension

ATL fuel Cell w pump and filter

CF hood - from the group buy it looks great, but it has never been installed.

Custom fibre glass trunk lid.

Full cage

Manual rack

was/abs delete

I know there is more I will add to the list as I find stuff. I would really like to sell the car as a package. I am willing to add/subtract things if people want in an effort to see the project completed. If there is no interest I will part it out. The car is currently outside Albany NY, but will be back in the Boston area within a couple weeks. Every part on the car was the best available at the time. I also have a Dogbox that I will be selling separately, unless someone wants it to go with the car.

psi2high

I was wondering who's car this was. Saw it up at my buddies shop and he said it was going to be for sale. Car looks to have a ton of potential.

Mike Green

Thanks. I am really good friends with Tom who hangs out there a lot. I think the car has a ton of potential it just needs someone with the desire to finish and enjoy it. I would love to see it go to someone who will finish it. I really don't want to part it out, and I am open to reasonable offers, and I would be happy to adjust what is included with the car to try and meet a budget. Any feedback on pricing would be appreciated and please pass the listing around. - Mike

Mike Green

I finally have the car back in my garage, and it is time to do something with it. I am going to adjust my pricing a little and I have three possible packages. If you are interested make an offer, I will consider anything reasonable.

$12k for everything(including a magnus dog box, tre transmission, a cryoed stroker motor, and two t4 frame ball bearing turbos) I have that is Galant related. The only exception will be the autronic ecu/gauges/wiring harness which I am keeping for another project.

$9.5k for everything minus the electronics, and the dog box

$7k for everything minus engine, dog box, electronics.

After the holidays I will probably start parting the car out. If anyone is interested in the shell please let me know and I will give you first crack at any of the other parts, before I start selling them.

Jesus_Negros

Want to sell the TRE?

Mike Green

One last try selling this as a whole. The car is an hour from home and I don't want to commute to part it out. I am open to any reasonable offers.

Mike Green

I am closing on the sale of my house soon, and I need this gone. $5000.00/bro for everything except the autronic standalone. The bad news is that the car was stored outside for a while with no dipstick in the motor. Somehow the oilpan filled with water. My guess is that new bearings and some cleaning and it would be good to go.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts