The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS:------SOLD-----Nile Black #908/1000, Pasco WA, $2000

Barnes

<font color="red"> <b>SOLD</b> <!--color--></font>
’92 Galant VR-4
#908/1000
Nile Black – Sunroof - 168k miles
VIN - JA3CX56U6NZ013076

Finally decided to sell this one. Had it for over a decade but I feel I don’t have the time or motivation to keep up with it. Really hoping it goes to a good home.

Good:
Very little rust (only surface rust, car has resided in mostly rust free areas)
No major damage (I think, supposedly there is hail damage, but I can’t tell)
Tranny shifts well (rebuilt by me)
Car drives nice overall
T-belt &amp; water pump components approx. 60k old
Luk clutch (maybe 30k miles)
Non-smoker car (as far as I can tell)
Leather in overall good shape, some wear on driver side left bolster
New battery
Nicer aftermarket speakers (Sony I think)
Older but decent aftermarket headunit with under stereo pocket.
Dark tinting

Bad:
Moderate oil leak near oil filter housing
Doors are kinda sticky. Except passenger front which I opened up and cleaned, I.e. it’s fixable.
A/C installed, but not functional (R-134a conversion attempted. Cold air, but exceeded high-pressure limits, if I had to guess I’d say the expansion valve needs to be replaced)
Retractable antenna not retracting
Passenger side, inner tie rod and boot is bad.
Sunroof partially broken. Crooked operation. Can be forced using hands.
Loud rod knock type noise on start up, goes away very quickly. (No idea what this is)
High idle/idle surge (Not long ago this didn’t exist, I think it is something simple)
Tranny noise(seems to go away when the car is warmed up and has been driven around)
Missing rear window trim ( I think I have spares of these pieces)
Trim below headliner, above B-piller broken in two (also might have this)
Temp gauge is badly misadjusted
Speedometer is way off (I rolled back the odometer in a replacement cluster instead of transferring the original odometer to the new cluster :facepalm: )
Cruise stopped working (was fixed before with a new column switch, seems it is doing the same thing again)
Tires are out of round from sitting
Carpet has a few stains
Couple marker lights are dead (probably bad bulbs)
Couple dash lights are not working
Foglight bulbs need to be replaced

Mods:
No muffler (straight pipe)
ARP Head studs
Balance shafts eliminated
2g exhaust manifold
Ported 14b??
K&amp;N
AGX Shocks (10yrs old, seem to still be okay)
Aftermarket CD head unit with 2nd din storage pocket
Highbeams wired to work simultaneously with low beams
Non-Eprom ECU with replaced CAPS
’91 wheels, I have a set of ’92 wheels with some studded snows mounted if you want the year correct wheels.

Pictures:
Here is a link to the album on imageshack http://imageshack.us/g/220/img3770tg.jpg/

<font color="red"> <b>SOLD</b> <!--color--></font>

Please PM me here, or email me at [email protected]. I would prefer a PM.

Last edited:

dewman

Good luck with the sale, Barnes. Helluva deal. Especially if the person that buys it loves to tinker to get the little things sorted out.

Barnes

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowroflr.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

kartorium

Funny thing Jon, I was looking for a daily driver a couple weeks ago (another subaru) and wasn't finding anything that really sparked my interest. So my mom gets online and starts looking for cars for me. The next day she sends me a link to your car on here and says I should go buy it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

For a day or so I was actually considering it. Then a Forester fell into my lap, sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Barnes

Take the Forester. This guy needs a bit of work for a DD. I think if someone is *okay* with doing some work, it's a great starter platform though. Especially for a DD.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts