The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 1991 SW Galant VR4 / 1375/2000 / 92K miles / Bel Air, MD / $3500

Status
Not open for further replies.

The car has been sold! Thanks for all the interest!

I have decided to sell my 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 number 1375/2000. I purchased it to use as a fun and fast daily driver but a recent job change has increased my commute significantly and the car was no longer a good fit for my needs.

I bought the car from its second owner and at the time of purchase the car was stock except for some shitty leaking eBay exhaust manifold.

I worked on the car for six months in my garage going over it and identifying any worn parts while also performing modifications to increase its reliability. I used it as a daily driver from January 1st 2010 to April 30th 2010 when I got the new job. I purchased the car with 89474 miles on it and it now has 91350. When I work on something I do it right. All bolts are torqued to spec per the FSM and I like blue Loctite on engines with the balance shafts removed.

The car has had the following maintenance and modifications performed (all parts are OEM and purchased from JNZ Tuning):
Engine:
Maintenance:
Timing belt (with new tensioner, tensioner pulley and idler pulley)
Alternator belt
Rear balance shaft removal
All new Mitsubishi gaskets used for front case, oil filter housing, crank seal, valve cover gasket an timing cover
Ported oil pressure relief valve
Oil filter stud lock-bolt added (prevents loosening)
All cooling hoses are new
New OEM thermostat
New water pump
New oil pan
New IAC and BISS o-ring
New knock sensor
Checked timing and confirmed it is at spec.
Head gasket retorqued (replaced by previous owner)
New O2 sensor
New knock sensor
New turbo oil return pipe with gasket and sealing washers

Performance upgrades:
FP Race Manifold
Evo 560 injectors
Evo MAS
Full Throttle AFPR
Supra TT fuel pump
Keydiver chip
Upgraded FMIC
Extreme Motorsports 3" downpipe (with nice non-collapsing flex section)
Dejon Tool 3" exhaust piping kit
Dynomax VT muffler (has valve so quiet when not on it)

Drivetrain:
ACT 2600 clutch with solid hub street organic disk
Fidanza flywheel
Braided SS clutch line
Fresh Redline fluid in transmission and rear differential

Suspension & Steering:
Evo MR Bilsteins all around with Evo strut hats
Stock Evo MR springs
New front control arms & bushings
New sway bar end link
New Sumitomo tires all around
New Porterfield R4S pads up front
AWS lines capped off at steering rack

Monitoring:
Prosport electric oil pressure gauge (sender connected to oil filter housing remotely using braided SS line)
Prosport boost gauge
Palm IIIc with Pocketlogger software (hardwired to car no weekly battery replacements)

Miscellaneous:
Momo steering wheel
GT500 hood vent to allow heat from FP race manifold to exit
Owner's manual with leather VR4 cover
Replica key fob

Exterior:
The exterior of the car has dents. There is a dent in the passenger-side quarter panel that I was quoted $100 from dent doctors to remove. The driver's side door has dents. Some lady made a left turn in front of me and I took off her bumper. My bumper cover took the brunt of it so I have a new one that has been painted.

Needs:
The downpipe has a leak at the flange where it meets the catback. It's a very slight leak but annoying.
The new oil pan I got didn't come with a gasket on the drain plug so it has a very slow drip. I was going to take care of it at the next oil change.
The oil return line has a very slow drip as well. I am using the OEM gasket and sealing washers but it still has the slight drip. I was going to take care of it at the next oil change.

Summary:
This car has been very well sorted out and any mechanical deficiencies corrected. I used this car to get to work every day and I would not hesitate to drive it across country. I feel the price I am asking for this car is extremely reasonable for someone looking for a reliable driver.

Price:
I am asking $3500 for the car the way it sits. For an extra $500 I will include the following parts:

JDM "Evo Zero" front bumper cover (has extra holes below opening) with mount and OEM JDM bumper brackets
JDM projector foglights w/ OEM caps
Greddy Profec B boost controller (the classic
1993 headlights
Evo 8 ECU
Evo 8 to Galant ECU harness

At this time I am not selling any parts separately in hopes that the person that buys the car will want it.

I also have all of the stock parts removed from the car with the exception of the exhaust and the MAS which I destroyed to make the patch harness for the EVO MAS. Stock fuel pump, stock fuel injectors, stock EPROM, stock FPR, stock suspension (struts are still assembled with springs and strut hat). All of these the purchaser can have if they want them.

Having sold performance cars in the past, I have no patience for joyriders. If you show up with cash then I'll let you take the car out.

Thanks for the interest!

Last edited by a moderator:

ktmrider

Wow, great ad and care for the car. Were this another time I'd be on a plane ASAP.

Some other q's:

1. Sunroof/non?
2. A/C work?
3. Cruise functional?

Bravo bump for ya!

GSX_TC

Where'd you get those floor mats?

Quoting ktmrider:
Wow, great ad and care for the car. Were this another time I'd be on a plane ASAP.

Some other q's:

1. Sunroof/non?
2. A/C work?
3. Cruise functional?

Bravo bump for ya!

Thanks!

It's an A87 non-sunroof car with the stock EQ/input stereo. The input is nice because I can listen to Pandora from my iPhone on the stock stereo. I did have a Double-DIN Nav system in it but I moved that to the wife's car when I decided to sell.

The A/C works awesome and blows cold.

All the parts of the cruise control are there but it won't hold speed. The Cruise light illuminates on the dash when it is turned on but when you set the speed it doesn't hold.

Quoting GSX_TC:
Where'd you get those floor mats?

I got them from turboflanagan here on the board. Here is his custom floor mat thread: linky

He is a great guy to work with although I think he'd rather forget about my custom mats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

Lol why do u say that? He doesn't like the mats he made for u or something?

GSX_TC

Got it, thanks

mikus

nice car & price. I was interested in your post on the vent mod and asked you some questions about how it cooled, water issues etc. Potential buyers would probably have similar questions, if you'd like to tell us how it's worked out. GLWS!

deusamo

I want this car...bad. If it isn't sold in a couple of weeks...well hopefully I can take it off of your hands soon.

GSX_TC

Really? Can I see? I really like the one he has on this galant though

KT

^How about taking it to the PMs and keeping OP's FS add clutter free?

Quoting mikus:
nice car & price. I was interested in your post on the vent mod and asked you some questions about how it cooled, water issues etc. Potential buyers would probably have similar questions, if you'd like to tell us how it's worked out. GLWS!

I decided to do it for a few reasons:

1. The FP Race manifold did not have a heat shield and I was concerned about the resulting significantly increased under-hood temperature.
2. While I usually subscribe to the KISS principle, I like the oil/water cooler. It heats up the coolant faster on a cold start and when the turbo is hot the heat is dumped into the cooling system. The hood vent allows the cooling system to operate more efficiently and if ducting was added between the FMIC and radiator I feel it would also increase flow through the intercooler at speed as well.
3. I already had it and thought it looked like an early version of the EVO 8 heat extractor. It fits the hood perfectly with the character lines and IMO looks like it is an OEM piece.

Honestly, I don't think with the 14B and what I used the car for that it taxed the cooling system enough for it to be necessary. For someone with a larger turbo or someone that tracks the car I think it would be a significant benefit.

Darksyne,

I sent you a PM last night. Please contact me when you have a minute. Thanks!

I didn't feel comfortable with the lack of safety margin with the stock injectors when increasing boost above stock levels. While many people do it I just don't like seeing the injector duty cycle above 85-90%.

transparentdsm

very interested, selling my gvr4 now so i can buy yours before i get home and hopefully befor someone else buys it. bump for a super nice car.

transparentdsm

sale pending on my car, heading to jersey at the end of the month and then hopefully down to maryland to pick up this gorgeous car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts