The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 1966 Ford Mustang Coupe $6500 Willimantic CT

I understand that this may not be the best forum to post this ad. but who knows maybe you want a Mustang and a Galant just like I did.

Moving on, the previous owner had the car for over 10 years and he knew the owner prior to him; That owner dates as far back as 1994 if not further (I found an old insurance card under the dash). They had both kept the car garaged. The car was re-painted some time ago, the paint is not in concourse condition and there is some rust starting to show under the paint on the rear quarters.

The current running gear is from a 1979 Ford F-100 (a 302 and T6 auto). I have the original 289 block and if you buy the car, you are more than welcome to it. I do not know the mileage as the odometer does not work.

As you can see from the pictures, the interior is in great condition. The cowl has a leak, and I will include a Scott Drake cowl cover. Notwithstanding a leaky cowl the floor is solid and has been coated in KBS Coatings Rust Seal.

The car was originally had a manual transmission and the clutch pedal was not removed when converted to automatic. Meaning if you choose to convert back to a standard transmission the tedious task of hanging the clutch pedal will not be necessary.

The following items have been replaced within the last 500 or so miles; ignition coil, distributor, spark plugs, wires... The oil filter and oil have been changed twice with Mobil 1 since I have owned the car (March this year).

Other new items installed recently include; battery, starter solenoid, Holley 600cfm carburetor, starter motor and fuel filter. A Custom Autosound radio with aux input and JVC speakers have also been fitted.

The previous owner had the front drum brakes serviced not too long before my purchase and the car stops well and straight. All 4 tires have good tread and the steering is tight however, the car does pull slightly to the right when you let go of the steering wheel to "high-10" your passenger.

The heater is not hooked up but I believe that all of the parts are there - the exhaust stops at the differential – the reverse lights are not hooked up and the inside section of the glove box is missing but no one will know that unless you let them open the glove box.

I have a folder of receipts to support all of the above and more.

This car looks good, runs great and still turns heads.

frontseatsqc.jpg

09142011056.jpg

backseats.jpg

09282011084.jpg

09192011070.jpg

09262011078.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned