The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 Galant Vr4 1953/2000 Eau Claire WI, 54701 $4250

pachood_1953

GONE

Last edited:

vapid

Would you lower the price if I opt out of the dog puke?

pachood_1953

Absolutely.

pachood_1953

I installed a new oil pump, so it needs the timing belt (new, have one) x case, sub frame, exhaust, and a few little things reinstalled. The pump that was on it was a brand new pump, but it was leaking. I could not figure out why, or what to do to fix it so I replaced it.
Its at my parents house, all of my tools are at my house and I just havent had the time to get it back together. I have lots of fun cars and toys, so this just keeps getting put off.

pachood_1953

I have gotten an over whelming amount of people sending email/pm for the coilovers. Unless these things are worth their weight in gold, I have no intention of removing them from the car to sell.

Just checked and you're 11 hours out from me. I'd love to have the car, but it would likely cost a fortune just to go out and get it, so it seems it's out of budget for me unless you're flexible on price?

pachood_1953

Im not really flexible. This is as low as I will go, as I should really just get it running and sell it. I just dont have the time anymore.

What you see in the pictures is almost every dime I made making 7.50 working at a warehouse through college /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

So hey, I just bought this car from a guy in WI and it runs and drives. I have questions about it though. Willing to help?

4G63_GSR

did you buy it from some guy in chippewa falls or some place up there?

Yup, I bought it form a guy up there. It had and still has so many issues. Lets see, it would not shift so I put in a new slave cylinder and that didnt fix it. It had the wrong kind of flywheel on it and it was a 8 pound flywheel so it sucked to drive on. I put a resurfaced factory flywheel in it a few days ago and put in new cv axles. I replaced the valve cover gasket yesterday along with the spark plugs. I need to put a new fuel pump in it because it just has the factory pump. I put an updated radio in it and I replaced all the shot worm clamps with new t clamps. The up pipe for the turbo was not bolted on more than finger tight causing a massive boost leak so I fixed that. The transmission was missing one bolt and the others were also finger tight. The valve cover was leaking really bad and I realized that it was also on finger tight... I raised the car up about 1.5 inches because it was scraping on the ground almost. Now I just need to start to repair the small things. I replaced the passenger side seat because it was sagging really bad. I daily drive it right now that the old flywheel is gone and its been good to me now. I was very annoyed with all the things wrong with it but now that I have almost everything fixed its turning out to be a good car. I will have updated pictures soon enough. Oh and the inter cooler is now attached to the car instead of just sitting on the bumper and black. web page

pachood_1953

I just typed out a long message and it failed to post so I will summarize...
The slave cylinder had 300 miles on it when I sold it
The flywheel was correct for the vehicle, but it was a lightweight fidanza.

Basically, I sold this car to the last owner (a friend of mine) as a pile of parts with his full understanding of what it needed. I sold it for less then half my asking price here. He had done a bit of work on the car, which would be the reason for some of the issues at hand. I have no clue how he sold it to you or what promises he made.
If I had to do it again, I would have just parted it out.

I now daily drive the car and have a lot of fun with it. It is by far not hassle free but its getting there. I am going to take it t Modern Automotive Performance in the enxt few weeks to have it tuned properly. I am wanting it to have 325-350 AWHP by the time it is done. Over all it seems to be a solid car, I am still finding many things I wish to improve on it. click This is a picture of the car after I put some Rota Grids on it, not bad looking if I do say so myself.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts