The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD!! 1992 Galant VR-4 912/1000 Los Angeles CA $4,000 OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyRy210

Hi everyone, I'm selling my 1992 Galant VR-4. The car is clean and rust free, and it is stock.

It is #912/1000 in Kensington grey.

When I purchased from the previous owner it had 5K miles on the rebuilt engine, an upgraded computer, new radiator, new front axles, good tires, new pistons, bearings, valves, new fluids, etc. The car had 185K miles when I registered it to my name. It has 210K miles now, and the previous seller had 5K on the engine, so if my math is correct, it has 30K on the rebuilt engine.

The car also has new paint, however, the abs light comes on from time to time, but the dealer says the car is fine mechanically, and wants a lot of money to fix the light. Since I purchased this car used from the previous owner, I have had it serviced at Long Beach Mitsubishi and Hilltop Automotive (my mechanic near my primary residence), and they have my service records since my ownership. The car is currently sitting in Torrance at my in-laws.

I will also be posting my spare parts for sale shortly, and if you are interested in the car, please do also check out the parts.

Regards,
Ryan

Last edited:

RyRy210

Quoting 4G632NR:
Would you consider trades?
2006 GsxR600. 11k Blu n wht.

Unfortunately this car is a spare and I really don't drive it at all. It's take up space on my driveway which is why I want to sell it. Trading is not going to help my cause.

I apologize for the late response. I will respond quicker when I'm back from my vacation.

Last edited:

3rdstrikedsm

Could you pm me the zip code where you live? I am very interested and I have family in Duarte which could house it until I could fly there and pick it up which is my only hope in purchasing it.

RyRy210

Quoting 3rdstrikedsm:
Could you pm me the zip code where you live? I am very interested and I have family in Duarte which could house it until I could fly there and pick it up which is my only hope in purchasing it.

Just PM'ed you! Sorry, I just got back from my honeymoon. I will have fresh pics hopefully up this weekend. It's a very clean stock VR-4, I just need to find the time to take pictures. It's hard coming back from a long vacation because there is weeks worth of work waiting for me at the office. Please bear with me!

RyRy210

click

Here are the pics I took today. Please let me know if you would like clearer pics in any area. Thanks!

RyRy210

I will also throw in all the parts I have bought for the galant. Parts I have include (but not limited to) the following:

Certified exhaust (brand new, not installed)
HKS fuel pump (brand new, not installed)
HKS intake (not installed)
Set of wheels (17x7 O.Z. Crono HT) (brand new, not installed)

Spare parts:
OEM intercooler, ABS parts, Various dog legs, door cladding, inner fender, steering wheel, headliner, visor, valve covers, front grill, and various other trim pieces, set of 4 white galant vr4 doors complete with glass but no inner trim. Many of these items are brand new parts. I was just stocking them for a rainy day.

Basically, whoever gets the car can also have everything I have purchased and plan to install on the galant. I was planning on driving the car and years down the road when it's all beat up restore it using the parts I have purchased. The car currently is in great condition so I haven't had a need to replace any components.

Those who are not as lazy as I am can just take my parts and resell them. I'm sure someone would want them, but I'm bundling them as part of this transaction.

Thanks for looking! =)

Great looking body on that car for 210k miles!

Wish I had the money I'd come out and buy it.

3rdstrike, if you buy this are you driving it back or trailering it? That's a hell of a road trip.

GSX_TC

here ya go, in case the link doesnt work for everybody =)

IMG_3095JPG.jpg

IMG_3096JPG.jpg

IMG_3097JPG.jpg

IMG_3098JPG.jpg

IMG_3099JPG.jpg

IMG_3100JPG.jpg

IMG_3104JPG.jpg

IMG_3105JPG.jpg

IMG_3107JPG.jpg

IMG_3110JPG.jpg

IMG_3111JPG.jpg

IMG_3112JPG.jpg

RyRy210

Wife is giving me pressure to sell by the end of this year. Price lowered!

very nice car.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RyRy210

The car has never had problems with smog, and I will smog for the new buyer.

RyRy210

I still have it.

So far I have received 2 offers. I will be showing the car to one of the potential buyers this weekend.

RyRy210

All, I just lowered the price to $4K or best offer. I've been really frustrated lately dealing with buyers. One of which never showed up to complete the transaction when I had everything set up, and another backed out of the transaction after hearing me honestly tell them "my" cost of ownership (he only had $3K in his bank account and couldn't afford to maintain the vehicle). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

My car only visits the dealer or another reputable shop near my house, so "my" cost of ownership might be higher than yours depending on how you personally maintain your vehicle.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I'm only interested in dealing with serious buyers who are fully aware of the potential risks of purchasing a car that is almost 20 years old.

The previous person who test drove my car was grinding the gears and asked me if the transmission was in good shape. The truth is I don't have any issues with the transmission, and it doesn't grind when I'm driving it. The other thing is I service my car religiously, and I would imagine if the dealer felt there was an issue with the transmission, he would tell me.

Last edited:

JCorbo25

Sold to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts