The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 Eclipse GSX 6/4, Pemberton, NJ $2,950

TurboTrader

3n23mb3p15V15U55S3b8v957f54e4bab91910.jpg

Selling my '92 Eclipse GSX in great condition for it's age. It is a Florida car (all but the past 5-months), and absolutely zero undercarriage rust. Driven in snow/salt only once and pressure washed the next day.

Current, valid and authentic NJ State Inspection good until 4/2013!

6-Bolt motor
4-Bolt Rear End with LSD
Manual 5-speed Transmission
AWD and Turbo

It has been well maintained and is in great condition considering it is 19-years old.

There are very tasteful and minor mods done:

3" Turbo-back Exhaust with Magnaflow straight-through muffler. Nice deep throaty sound. Sounds great!
Hallman MBC
Stock 14b Turbo running at a safe 15psi
K&N Air filter with air-box removed (only 4,000 miles on it)
Under-hood emissions garbage removed
Aftermarket Boost gauge
OEM Mitsubishi Weighted Shift Knob
Aftermarket Aluminum radiator
Eibach Pro-Kit Drop Springs (only 4,000 miles on them)
KYB GR-2 Struts (only 4,000 miles on them)
XTD Stage 3 Clutch and Pressure plate (only 4,000 miles on it)
OEM ported 2g Exhaust Manifold

The good:
Clean body with minor dings and scratches. Professionally re-painted recently within the last few years.
No major body damage anywhere
Strong 6-bolt bottom end
Fresh re-built Head (only 6,000 miles on it)
New OEM Timing Belt and hardware (only 6,000 miles on it)
New OEM Oil Pump and Water Pump
Shaved and Powder-coated Valve Cover
New OEM PCV (4,000 miles on it)
New OEM Coil Packs (6,000 miles on them)
New NGK Plug wires (6,000 miles on them)
New Battery (2,000 miles on it)
New re-built Alternator (300 miles on it)
New Sylvania Silverstar headlight bulbs
New Falken all-season tires (only 6,000 miles on them)
Transfer case recall work has been performed
Absolutely no fluid leaks anywhere
No blowby, or excessive crank case pressure
Oil change with OEM filter will be performed prior to sell, changed every 2,000 miles since I've owned it.
Recently cleaned, re-cleared and buffed headlight lenses
Driver's side wheel bearing recently replaced
All new Brake Pads and machined rotors
Recently replaced hatch struts
Flushed Trans fluid 2,000 miles ago, no metal was found.
Almost everything on the car functions just as it should
Overall the car runs great.

The bad:
Minor dings and scratches in the body
Some jerk put a small dent in driver's side door and damaged the plastic trim piece
Inner and outer driver's side tie-rods were recently replaced and now needs an alignment
Rear window defroster will need to be repaired.
Rear window wiper and motor has been removed, the hole in the body will need to be sealed up
Rear antenna has been removed, the hole in the body has been sealed
Both holes in the spoiler will need filled in
OEM Radio with CD-player works, but only the dash speakers are installed. Will need a new set of 6 x 9's for the rear and 6.5" for the doors.
Minor rip on driver's seat, dash is peeling up in the corner some (typical), crack on top middle of dash (common)
Fog lights work, but switch will need replaced as it does not stay down.
Minor wear, tear and stains around, but in good overall condition for age
In the past couple hundred miles I have noticed an issue with the shift cables. Shifter feels very tight, so they will need to be replaced.
Almost 175,000 miles, but adult driven and never driven hard. Never abused whatsoever.

I am asking a FIRM $2,950 (Reduced again). I have had this car listed locally for much more and had lots of interest, but no buyers. This is a very rust-free car, and you will not find another one like it in the Jersey area. It has been a very reliable and fun daily driver and still has plenty of life left.

Please no low-ballers. No joy-riding. To test drive, buyer will need to have cash in hand.

Picture013.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Last edited:

Rausch

Please fix the title per the rules. Thanks!

TurboTrader

I am sorry about that, I assume you were referring to posting the asking price in the title, and I have corrected it. If it's anything else, please let me know and I will correct it. Thanks!

Anymore photos? Interior, under carriage, engine bay, problem areas? I have a buddy interested.

TurboTrader

Yes I do. No pictures of undercarriage, but I promise it is clean. It has only seen a couple of drives in Jersey winter. I'll see if I can get some later on.

Engine bay: In the picture, the 2g exhaust manifold is missing nuts/studs. I have since replaced all but one stud since it was in so tight and the vice grips wouldn't grab it enough, but there is 1/2 inch of stud protruding that can be welded to a small bar or something to back it out. All others have been helicoiled and replaced with OEM Studs and nuts.

Other than that, it's just a bit dirty. Unlike other cars on the east coast, I have not had a problem breaking loose rusty bolts, even on suspension/brake components.

DSC_0009.jpg

Interior: It's missing the sun-visors, obviously. I put a 5% windshield strip to help out with the lack there-of. The real boost gauge is make-shift mounted with zip-ties as I didn't want to remove the vent, or get a gauge pod as they create blind-spots. The interior is generally clean with no significant wear or stains. The driver's seat is wearing through a bit. The stock radio, cd-player do work, but needs speakers.

DSC_0001.jpg

Evo weighted shift knob. It seems to weigh more than a can of soda, I love it.

DSC_0007.jpg

Driver's side: Not pictured is the crack in the side-molding and small dent just above. Not a real big problem to fix, as the dent can be popped out from the inside and the molding can be had off of almost any DSM. I just never got around to sourcing one and fixing it.

DSC_0048.jpg

Passenger side: Missing the lower side molding, again, an easy fix. I still have the piece, just never got around to putting it back on with new 3M tape. Also, no leaks whatsoever other than the power steering pump O-ring up top, which is seemingly small as I never have to top off the fluid.

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Any more questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

TurboTrader

The reason for sale is that we are planning a move out west to take care of a loved one. Any serious buyer with a cash deposit and cash on hand for purchase, I can arrange to deliver within reasonable distance from I-70/76 or I-80 towards Topeka, KS for free. Clean and clear title in hand.

We are planning the move sometime next week.

As always, make a reasonable offer.

TurboTrader

Still for sale. I cannot guarantee how soon we are moving out west, but local pickup, or delivery is always an option. I'm very central to parts of DE, NY and PA and am willing to meet an hour or so closer if need be. Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts