The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cam Timing/Degreeing Cams Clearly Explained

jogalant

Experts on this subject need not read this.

Hey guys, I know that there have been some posts about how to degree aftermarket camshafts. I also read comments in the forum that it's not necessary to degree HKS cams for the 4G63 because it would yield minor increases. Nevertheless, I've always been looking for explanations that simplify/demystify the cam degreeing process. The link posted below by an RB20DETT owner, IMHO, was so clear and helpful to me, a total idiot on this subject, and gave me the confidence to try it out on my Galant soon. The only thing lacking in this explanation was that the writer did not deal with staggered cam setups. Otherwise, I invite you to read it and hopefully gain some knowledge/courage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif like I did after reading it. While the writer's adjustments were minor, read his comments about the overall improvements after he was able to dial in his cam timing. Hoping to squeeze a few hidden hp's from mine and hope you benefit from this too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

How To Degree Your Aftermarket Cams

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned