The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front corner bulb replacement

ktmrider

How in the %$^#$ do you remove the front corner lights to replace a burnt bulb? I found this topic click but cannot see or find the "spring".
Thanks for any help folks!

Last edited by a moderator:

BoostedAWD91

there is a little spring with a hook on each side that hooks around the light and around the frame of the car. its down in there kinda hidden so u really need to look or remove some stuff to get a better view. Try doing the Passenger side first cause u can see it easier so when u get to the DS u will know what ur lookin for

On a stock car, there might be some stuff in front of the PS clip, like battery or intake piping or something, but it's been a while since I've seen one of those. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Here's me holding the PS clip:

On the DS you have to remove the coolant overflow reservoir, which just slides up and angled slightly towards the PS off it's bracket. Here's me holding the DS clip, after removing the reservoir:

Last edited by a moderator:

ktmrider

Spectacular, thanks for the help and pics gents!
Luckily it's the PS and I have a K&N filter to make access a little easier.

ktmrider

Just finished the bulb replacement, thanks again for the pics!
I also suggest following the directions in the other link, gently push the front of the lens towards the headlight then push the whole lens forward to separate the lens clips from the body.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts