The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Can you make a W5M31 work on a VR4?

Would it be possible to figure out the difference between a w5m31 and a w5m33 in a percentage. My Mitsubishi manual states the final reduction as 4.92915=w5m33 and 5.208=w5m31. Then change two tires to compensate for different final reduction. If nothing else get it close enough to drive the car without worry about locking the the center differential to the repair shop one more time. Matt

You would have to have the rear end to make it work. On top of all of that it has weaker NA style gears.Zach

Zach your right I found the info I needed at http://www.vfaq.com/mods/Trannies.html It looks like the rear differential of the vr4 is 3.545 and the gsx is 2.846 so I would have to run 10 percent larger diameter tires in the rear and 10 percent smaller tires in the front. You could almost make it look like the old American Muscle cars of the past.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts