The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

post pics of your CUSTOM bumper supports

mr.mitsu

I'm having some trouble figuring out how to mount my jdm bumper on my ggsx

I plan on running just a bumper skin but need some ideas on how to tackle this job.

Let's see what some of you guys are running...

IncorpoRatedX

have you looked at this thread? Hope it helps.

mr.mitsu

i've seen both those threads, thanks guys...

anyone else running something purely custom?

tsiboy

ok here is how i did it, i was going to do a write up next week but here is a little preview for you

ok you go to home depot and buy this steel bracket

cut a 5 inch long piece like so

ok use two wheels to help with this part. basically you slide the bumper on without any braket. push as far up and as far back as possible for nice tight fit and have a freind hold in place

now while your friend holds its slide under place your 5 inch bracket here like so

now from on top mark the beam on the car like this

now you can drill an extra hole(S) ( i used one of the original holes) and from the inside of the beam while holding the bracket lined up with the mark you drew you can mark the bracket for the holes.

now bolt it up

do the exact same thing for the opposite side. and now you will be able to slide your bumper on. again push as far back and as far up as possible. and all that is left to do is mark and drill this top holes that will bolt to the bumper support

and done!

mr.mitsu

great write up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

providing you have the bumper support on the bumper still...which i do not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

someone MUST be running just the bumper skin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts