The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

MAKE a radio bezel out of a 1g and stock trim piece

The objective is to connect a 1g radio bezel piece to the trim piece out of a stock VR4
piece #1: metal radio bezel piece

piece #2: Trim piece out of a VR4

How I plan to connect them:

Super glueing them together how I wanted them:

i forgot to take a few pics trough this part... but i will try and explan it the best i can.
After i let the glue dry over night i went to my local menards and picked up some bondo body filler you all should know the stuff i'm talking about. Before i started filling in the edge with bondo i cut out the extra plastic with a jig saw blade placed in a vice grips very tightly it took a while and i['m sure there are other ways to do it but i didn't wanna break it... then i filled in edge between the two piece's and let it dry. the corners are kinda hard and it works better if you use a stiffer spreader for the bondo then comes with it. this allows you to spread the bondo easier. after filling it in once i sanded out any major improfections. I put about 3 coats of bondo on to try and get it as smooth as possible and sanded between each coat. after i got it looking how i wanted. i painted it with a bondo primer coat and sanded it down again to a smooth finish. once all this was done i finally got to paint it black. this black was a textured black to give it a little feel. i didn't like then painted it with a flat clear coat becuase i didn't like the shinny black.

This picture is taken before the clear coat:

last but not least the final product:

You can make one youself

P.S. Decided to not use the clear coat, it didn't go on right with the textured paint

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts