The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How to Wire JDM Dual-Bulb Corners OEM?

CP

PM me if you want pictures tonight or tomorrow.

You guys suck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I have to know how to do this by Monday. This is what I want to do, have one set of bulbs, lets call them Light A: be the blinker / turn signal hazard bulb. Then have Light B: stay on with the Parking and driving lights.

img.php

Color Code Key

Light A: Blinker = Yellow
Light B: PRKing Lights = Blue

Last edited by a moderator:

Thats what i did. I think thats how its supposed to be because it enables someone to see the turn signal even if theyre in your blindspot. If that makes any sense. I guess thats only the case with the corners with teh bump where the amber part is. Anyways, yeah thats how i did it.

Or are you asking how to wire it to get that outcome? If so, you wire Light B to the wire that was connected to your stock corner. And wire Light A to to the wire that goes to your turn signals. If you need the colors of the wires and whatnot i can check for you later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your the man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thats exactly why I want to do it too. Please PM me pictures or info on exactly what wires you spliced into. Thnx

Ok Ill be out in the garage in a few minutes puting my intake manifold on, so ill check the corners while im at it. Ill PM you in a bit.

OK buddy, here ya go:

Red/Yellow ---> Green/White
Black--->Black
Green/Blue--->Green/Blue

The Green/White wire and the Black wire come from the stock corner light plug. I just cut the plugs off. I guess you could just splice it though. That way you could put the stock corners back in if you wanted. The Green/Blue wire you have to pull from the turn signal in the bumper. It runs up toward the top. Just follow it from the blinker as close to the corner light as possible and splice it there. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need pics or any other info. It was too dark out to get any tonight.

It came out really nice. Here's a crappy cell-phone pic but you get the Idea on how I soldered the wires. Thanks again

GSNT

LOL! The car in the video isn't even wired correctly.

Luckily I got my corners from a complete JDM clip we bought and I had the correct wiring plug from the car. I depinned my ground and parking light connectors from the socket and reclipped them into the 3 wire JDM bulb socket and extended the turn signal wire down to the front bumper turn signal and tapped it in there. The wiring job looks as good as factory as you can possibly get without actually running the wire inside the factory body harness.

Its the JDM hotness!!!!!!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned