The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

For those with spade connectors on your datalogger cable

curtis

I found that a plug from a Mitsubishi amp/radio fits but it is one pin to short so I just depinned pin number one under the dash with a small flat tip screwdriver and dropped it down a hole and zoom it works. Hope this helps because spade connectors sucks. The clear plastic plug can be found on the back of any junkyard mitsu radio. If you need a 12 volt hot wire you can take one of the pins from a radio connector or other type of mitsubishi plug and put it in the dia port side and run a wire from an empty fuse slot and pin accordingly. This will be a male style pin. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

curtis

If you lay on your elbows and look at the fuse box the little dia. port is right there. The number 1 pin is the top left corner then there is a blank under it. The plug on the radio has the female slots on it but its two pins to short because the alignment slots on the plug when you plug it in will only get 10 and 12 but not number one. So with a small screwdriver you can lift the anti fall out tab up and push the pin out then just move it down one and re pin it. Then with the radio plug remove all the wires except the top left (#1 data), lower right (#12 gnd) and the pin that is 2 spaces above the lower right (#10 GND). That is if you look at the back of it like it was plugged in with the alignment slot deals to the left.

Then if you need a power supply 12 volt you can run a wire from inside the fuse box and then out and around the back side of the diagnostic port plug and pin one of the extra wires from a mitsubishi plug. Which will be a male pin for the diagnostic.

The reason I discovered this is because I just got about 60% of my garage cleaned out and found all kinds of stuff and me being a pack rat I now have a drawer full of nothing but electric plugs from cars. It comes in handy sometimes.

I hope I didn't explain this like I think everyone is on a 5th grade level but I just try to make stuff as clear as I can to help everyone out and sometimes I'm not the clearest in the world. As usual I need to take pictures I guess. If anyone needs photos just yell and I'll post them.

Last edited:

mr.mitsu

this should be a sticky...

i was searching the other day and couldn't find anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

now i just happen to stumble upon it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

steve

Quote:
I hope I didn't explain this like I think everyone is on a 5th grade level

Don't apologize, now even Hertz will be able to follow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

misterfixit

The connector on the ac loom side of the ac loom under the dash (blue connector) is the perfect thing!

Rich

Found one on a 1995 USDM Galant.

It was coming out of the dash right above the climate control. White in color.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned