The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

cheap big brakes upgrade for 5 lugs

I had a set of front brakes from a 01 Camaro laying around so I had a bracket made to fit the VR4 using Mustang Cobra Rotors (Blackhole said those rotors fit somewhere on this board, Thanks)

If anyone else wants to get the brackets, I can probably have more made. I think the Camaro Calipers are easier to find then the 3000GT ones.

Also I found this rear brake kit at a junk yard on a Talon.. Is it the AEM one?

boostx

you just made yourself a baer racing brakes kit
how much $$$ for the brackets i want a set and i don't want to pay baer prices /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif so hook me up

Last edited:

GreenGSX

Are you using hub-centric spacer rings to center the Cobra rotor? The Baer kit I have on my GSX uses them and it would be cool to find a source of those to go with your brackets.

Tim

spooling92vr4

funny.. i have never seen volks with universal 5 lug... thats awesome about hte brakes.. looks almost exactly like the bear brake kit..

Last edited:

I will have to ask for a price but I think it will be about $50-75 depending on how many I order.

I can probably include the spacer/hub ring included in the price. My hub rings centers the Cobra rotors and the wheels.

I have seen these PBR calipers go for pretty cheap. I just had them laying around from a parts car I bought.

The rotors can be bought for $25 each but I got the Brembos for $60 each. For the brake lines, I found a couple of Honda civic lines laying around that fit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I just look found out I can get the Baer kit for $600. I would have bought those because I paid $300 for their 2 piece rotors for the Cobra but it wouldn't work. The little bolts wouldn't clear the caliper bracket.

If anyone is interested in this setup, I would sell it and buy the Baer Kit. Give me an offer.

Quote:
funny.. i have never seen volks with universal 5 lug...

? Not sure what that means.. I haven't seen the Volk GT-N come any other ways. But yeah, there are alot of copeis of these wheels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

boostx

i will take a set of the brackes , i already have a set of vette PBR calipers

Nice thing about the camaro calipers is they have 45mm pistons vs. the 38mm C5 vette calipers

Last edited by a moderator:

boostx

i think i have a C4 or a C5 one , what size are those

Larry Parker

Whats the total od of the cobra rotor? I need to do an upgrade for the rally car and 15" are the standard for gravel tires.....

Regards
LP

I will find out the exact price for the brackets in a couple of days.

I don't know if the C4 or C5 ones will fit.

I tried the Camaro Calipers with the Camaro brackets on the mitsubishi knuckles and they pretty much bolt up.
So, it the Corvette ones do the same, it will work.

Larry, The od on the Cobra rotors are about 13" but I doubt it will fit under a 15" wheels with these calipers.

Ron

teet

I thought you got a group N setup for the front?

you should buy my rear setup

Quote:
Whats the total od of the cobra rotor? I need to do an upgrade for the rally car and 15" are the standard for gravel tires.....

Regards
LP

Larry Parker

I do.... But this car is a pig! and a little more cant hurt....

LP

4Grim

I am intersted in brackets...I need to upgrade the front brakes on mine to bigger ones. This should be a sticky on the "How To" section.

Quote:
I thought you got a group N setup for the front?

you should buy my rear setup

Teet

check your mail sir

The brackets are $75 a set.

I can get the Baer brakes. The only thing is they take forever to ship them.

Ron

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts