The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

brakes are done (pics, part numbers, prices) 5-lug convert

sleepyvr4

Calipers media blasted and painted w/ 500 degree duplicolor engine paint. Rotors are brembo blanks and the pads are axxis ultimate ceramic/kevlar pads. My friend bought this setup for his Si, and I was extremely impressed so I bought it up. I picked up evo8 wheels for a good price so I swapped in the 5 lug spindles (what fun). I bought all the brake parts from nopi - and the prices were pretty good I thought. It was $250 for everything shipped to PA.

5 lug rotors:
BREMBO Vented Rotor - L/R Front ALL 4WD Turbo Mdls. $43.38 - nopi part #437+0682
BREMBO Solid Rotor - L/R Rear - ALL Mdls. $33.78 - nopi part #437+0745

brake pads for 4-lug and 5-lug spindles:
AXXIS ULTIMATE Brake Pads - ALL AWD Turbo Mdls - FRONT $40.39 - nopi #655+0760
AXXIS ULTIMATE Brake Pads - ALL Turbo Mdls - REAR $40.88 - nopi #655+0763

4Grim

I just installed my Brembos and Axxis pads on my 96 Galant and I already noticed a difference. I'll have to wait though for awhile...since there is a 300 mile breakin period on the Brembos.

KGVR4

ddi you keep your abs?

sleepyvr4

looks a little better now than it did.

complete2.jpg

spoulson

The caliper paint makes all the difference in the looks. I'm also surprised you were able to find affordable perfect match aftermarket rotors that weren't cheapie buttco brand. Does Brembo supply to Mitsu for rotors?

sleepyvr4

good question. I couldn't find brembo blanks for gvr4 4 lug, but I believe if you look hard enough they're out there.

Last edited:

steve

pics with the evo8 wheels?

Ted Andkilde

Quote:
goog question. I couldn't find brembo blanks for gvr4 4 lug, but I believe if you look hard enough they're out there.

The Raybestos PG+ rotors are apparently 4 lug Brembos in a Raybestos box -- a few board members have bought them and may chime in.

rockauto.com stocks them (or more accurately -- drop ships them) for cheap...

Cheers, Ted

sleepyvr4

are the rear spindle bearings the same on a 1g tel as the gvr4? I'm using caps and I've found part numbers for all the bearings and shields - but want to verify if possible with someone who's done this. Subframe from a 91 talon -

bearings are:

mb290175 - 16x58
mb569972 - 72x17-35

outer/inner covers:

mb393803
mb290428

dust seal:

mb393807

ok - I just cross referenced it and all the part numbers are the same for the 2 cars.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts