The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: New MAFT Pro DSMChip available

Holy sh*t, what rock have I been under, I had no idea all this development has been going on. Great work agent J.

Yes, just when I think I can sit back, rest on my laurels, and get some sleep, someone comes along with another idea or project! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The MAFT Pro features are not part of the normal Stage 3 chip, I consider it to be an add-on feature, like the Cyclone Control, NO2, etc, so I charge $25 extra for the work I have into it. So, if you have a DSM, and don't already have a chip, the price is $115 + $25 = $140. If you have a GVR-4, and don't already have a chip from me, the cost is $FREE/Donation + $25 = $25+. If you already have a chip, and all you want added is the MAFT Pro features, the cost is $20 upgrade/burning/mailing fee + $25 = $45.
In addition to locking the BARO and IAT voltages in the code, as I already do for MAFT owners, this chip also has timing control on the IAT input to the ECU. The MAFT Pro unit will send a voltage to the ECU from 0-5 vdc, with 5 volts meaning NO extra timing, and 0 volts meaning 16 degrees advance on top of whatever the maps already call for. The extra timing gets phased in as the boost rises from 0psi to 7psi, and you can log the extra advance in MMcD if you add D4 to your address preferences. Mike and Bob at FullThrottle say they have some neat ideas of what to do with the unused BARO input also.

Last edited by a moderator:

BTW guys, I should have mentioned that you *can* use the IAT timing input even if you don't have a MAFT Pro, just a regular MAFT. You can just install a 50k potentiometer on the IAT pin, and use it to add timing. I'll probably end up selling a cable/pot assembly for DIYers for $10-$15 who want this feature. Also, I did some test code in #880 that I ran for a while that could either ADD or SUBTRACT up to 8 degrees of timing, depending which way from center you turned the pot, instead of strictly ADDING advance as the MAFT Pro does. This would be good for someone wanting to tune in LESS timing for pumpgas, and then go to the track and ADD timing on race gas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Redlinegvr4

jeff, some time your going have to explain to me what all this means.... so i can understand it...

keydiver... the iat + potentiometer idea is pretty clever. i'm sure there are quite a few maft people who will be happy about that. certainly something i would get if i were going with a maft.

redline.. a potentiometer is a pot. like a guitar volume/tone knob. thought that might be what you were confused about..

good stuff keydiver

4orced4door

Jeff, this sounds awesome. I am going to be talking to you soon about putting together a chip for my car to use with the MAFT Pro as well as some other features that might be a little out of the norm.

Rausch

this soundds great..i need a new chip, as i now have the maft pro.!!!!i'll be in touch.

brisvr4

I just need a chip! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Haven't wanted to pester Keydiver as I know he is a very busy boy.
Could you mail one to Australia Jeff?

Thanks
Tim

RACER-X

I'll be in touch as well Jeff.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts