The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: Svc Manual or Ref for W5M33 series trans

holeshotmoe

Maybe just a complete parts list with PN's but, something WITH part numbers so I can compare parts from different versions of these trannys, e.g., 2-NQBM with 2-NPXV and 2-NNXL. The interest is "interchange"...I want to know what part numbers are directly interchangeable and exactly what is different between these sub-models. If somebody has these but doesn't want to part with them, I'll buy them from you and do my comparison, then sell them back to you for the same and I pay postage (its cheap for books anyway). Alternatively, if they can be had for a reasonable price from the dealer or other source I'd appreciate that info. Tranny shop supply companies???
Note: I've searched around for rebuild kits and found the kit #'s to be different for some of the sub-models but I really need a detailed list of contents with #'s to be thorough and accurate. Thanks

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Your best bet is to acquire CAPS to do this. The rebuild manuals etc. do not have part number information in them. CAPS does, but it can be tedious to look up the different applications. Interchange will also not be obvious by just looking at part numbers. Some of the tranny rebuild experts can maybe help you with that.

holeshotmoe

Yeah Ice, I have been using caps and "tedious" is the word. I used vins for various chassis from cars.com to be sure I was getting valid data. I was particularly interested in the front differential section, trying to determine if they will all accept the gvr4 front axles. Also if the TC drive shaft spline counts are the same. If you look in the ecanfix 1g tranny manual, the table says the ratios are the same but the speedo is different. Would that mean its interchangeable except that the speedo will read incorrectly?

holeshotmoe

Cowabunga Dude. URD1RH! I'll take anything like this!! Guess that means that now I have to get to work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts