The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

short route fmic piping options

SPOOLD

I've recently picked up a 90 galant gsx that i'm building up this winter currently. from looking at the amount of space i have up front compared to my 90 tsi it looks like a 1g front mount kit that was set up for short route piping would fit nicely right around the radiator. i've also heard of some of the galant guys running the 1g radiator and thermostat housing? has anybody done this or something similar? i'm starting from scratch unlike a gvr-4 and i'd like to keep things as simple and cost effect as possible. any input or ideas you guys could give me would be really helpful. oh, and just for reference i'll be running a ported and clipped b16g with a 1g maf at around 18psi or so and the 'big' 90 2.0 n/t tb (no tb elbow to mess with).

To run the short route 1g piping there is a bit of grinding/cutting involved to make the pipes fit past the passenger side of the radiator. I just did this personally about 2 weeks ago w/ 2.5" pipes.

I ground the radiator down:

And both side of the core support next to the radiator (the drivers side doesnt need as much cut as the passenger):

I also relocated the big wire loom to run above/behind the radiator (behind the hood latch) instead of under the radiator and in the way of the piping on the passenger side:

The 1g style piping BARELY squeezes in between, but it works out

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned