The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone with a GVR Rally Car?

91GVR4

I am looking for someone with a Galant rally car who could give me mesurements and pictures of skid plates. Yes I could just go mesure my car, but I don't have a lift and figure if someone here already made some I could get the info. I am realy looking for a front plate but would like info on all plates that anyone has for a Galant. I can get them made localy but mesurements woudl speed this up. Thanks again.

cheekychimp

Nate,
I've got the rear petrol tank plate and two floor plates either side of the transmission tunnel. I couldn't get the front one either. I'll get some measurements for you if I can. But the rear plate is a custom shape if I recall. The two sides are easy, as they are rectangular.

Paul.

Larry Parker

I have a TAD plate on my talon which should be the same size as the VR4 unit.... and in fact I have a spare blank plate in my van right NOW!!! Ill go take a few pics......

I have a real good run down of the plate thats on my car including all angles, measurements and mounting points at home...... Ill post it tonight.....

Also is this your first rally car? IF so who do you plan to run it with? SCCA has transferd all rally to Rally America and RA will not allow any NEW driver to be in AWD turbo cars!!!

Cheers
Larry

Last edited:

91GVR4

Thanks for the pic Larry. No, I do not intend to make this car a full rally car, just a little stronger then the normal Galant. Mostly I want the skid plate up front to keep the drifts from packing my engine with snow in the winter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I also take the occasional dirt road trip and don't want to worry about oil pans and gas tanks and such. If you could get a few more mesurements on your plate for me. I would like to know how wide the front is and at what distance the tapers start from the front of the plate. Also does that plate have any bends to it? It looks like the front would have to bend up to match the frames on the car. Thanks for all your help. I may contact Vermont Sports Car and see if they still have drawings for the Galant.

Larry Parker

Post deleted by Team Ducktape

Larry Parker

Hope this helps.....

Last edited:

91GVR4

WOW! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Very impressive Larry, much more info then I expected. That should be enough for me to make a front skid, possibly with some small changes depending on the car. Now I just have to source some scrap parts to make it with. Thankfully I work in the aircraft biz so there is lots of scrap aluminum around. Thanks again for the great pics and mesuremnts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts