The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ebay Adjustable rear control arms

Finally, got in the rear adjustable control arms. These use a AFCO swage steel tube with a tie rod end on one side and a pivot ball on the other.

Now I check for Afco and they make suspension parts. For anyone interested, I'll see if I can get all the part numbers up so you guys don't have to spend $170 like i did.

John

how many HP's will we gain from this? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Just the Afco stick is a good 10HP to each wheel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

John

ok the part numbers are as follows
from Afco racing website:
2x part # 19514 14" Swaged Steel Tube= 15.60 each
1x part # 30211 GN tie rod end= 15.50 each
1x part # 30212 GN tie rod end= 15.50 each
1x part # 10420 standard steel rod end= 11.85 each
1x part # 10421 standard steel rod end= 11.85 each
Total of $85.90 a pair.

you can substitute part # 10420/10421 with 10424/10425 for $36.70 each.

There are 2 metal bushings on each side of the tie rod ends that I'm still looking for part #'s. I'll let everyone know when I get it.

John

Quote:
This is to build the part here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7928180846&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I was thinking about buying these.

That's exactly it. I bought them a couple of months ago, but they shipped it to the wrong address and had to recharge me additional shipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Finally got them today.

So I paid 175 for something I could have built for under $100.

On the picture, you see that there is a bushing on each side of the rod end. I'm not sure if he made these himself or odered them thru afco. there is a couple of parts that I see that may be used. I'm going to order a set from afco to see which ones are the right ones and will let everyone know.

John

number3

Quote:
how many HP's will we gain from this? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I have witnessed a high powered car on a dyno gain real hp from a proper alignment.

ok i couldn't find anything from the afco website on the metal bushing. here are the specs though.

length= 7/8"
small end- outter diameter 3/4" inner diametet 9/16"
big end- outter diameter 7/8" inner diameter 9/16"

BTW: Just realized that some may not like that I am posting up these info, especially if the one who is making and selling these on e-bay is a fellow dsmer. If the mods want me to edit and take this post out please let me know.

John

iLLeffeKt vr-4

hopefully you'll have more luck with those than i had with the ingalls rear adjustable arms. had them on my gsx for about 6 months or so, untill the right rear broke in half after going over some bumps (on GCP by LaGuardia airport).
i drove the junk yards by the shea stadium with it broken (i put on the spare because my regular wheel was rubbing against the spring/shock) and had it welded there.
i alsmost made it home when it broke again just few blocks away. went to gary at mitsubishi grave yard and got 2 stock arms and put them in.
ingalls sux major ass.

I have no problems with it. If the guy expected to make a bunch of money from throwing together some off the shelf parts, he should rethink his business plan. What you did was inevitable. Now if you started selling them at a price just under his, then yes, you'd be bumping up against moral walls.

Carry on.

Mark

Quote:
hopefully you'll have more luck with those than i had with the ingalls rear adjustable arms. had them on my gsx for about 6 months or so, untill the right rear broke in half after going over some bumps (on GCP by LaGuardia airport).
i drove the junk yards by the shea stadium with it broken (i put on the spare because my regular wheel was rubbing against the spring/shock) and had it welded there.
i alsmost made it home when it broke again just few blocks away. went to gary at mitsubishi grave yard and got 2 stock arms and put them in.
ingalls sux major ass.

Yeah Read about that Adrian. I'm hoping this will be able to take NYC streets beating the Galant will be my daily driver.

These bars definietly look beefer then the ingalls and are straight vs the bent arm design from ingalls.

Quote:
I have no problems with it. If the guy expected to make a bunch of money from throwing together some off the shelf parts, he should rethink his business plan. What you did was inevitable. Now if you started selling them at a price just under his, then yes, you'd be bumping up against moral walls.

Carry on.

Mark

Thanks mark.

John, I think this is what your looking for. Rod End and Bushing Kit 20023K (3/4") comes with 1 jam nut and 2 rod end bushings. I read your post and it reminded me that I bought the same kit, only smaller (20013K, 5/8"), for my AFCO coilovers in my Typhoon. Hope this helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
John, I think this is what your looking for. Rod End and Bushing Kit 20023K (3/4") comes with 1 jam nut and 2 rod end bushings. I read your post and it reminded me that I bought the same kit, only smaller (20013K, 5/8"), for my AFCO coilovers in my Typhoon. Hope this helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks Tommy, yeah I'm going to buy one to see if that is it or not. I'm hoping it is it'll save alot of headache for everyone looking for the correct parts.

John

John, is the shank on the rod end also 3/4" or is it 3/4" rod x 5/8" shank? I also found rod end spacers 10276 (5/8" i.d.) and 10277 (3/4"i.d.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Would this also work on a tsi with a 4bolt rear? Or are there different rod lenghts involved?

I was thinking the same thing. I'm pretty sure they are the same thing. I'm going to build a set for my Eclipse. I should have an update on the parts.

I'll get pictures up also.

John

Quote:
John, is the shank on the rod end also 3/4" or is it 3/4" rod x 5/8" shank? I also found rod end spacers 10276 (5/8" i.d.) and 10277 (3/4"i.d.)

Tommy, they are 3/4" also. I'll let you know how they work out. I'm going to order them when I get home tonight and have more time for research.

John

Looking at the online eBay installed picture, is there enough unibody clearance at full bump? I'm guessing that there is, but from that perspective it sure looks close. OT - I wonder how long I've got until my Ingalls break.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts