The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

leatherique

ken inn

the leather in my car is like the leather on the bottom of your shoe. i got the car used, and the prior owner never did anything, only wash the outside. although the leather is not coming apart at the stiches, where the sun has beat down on it, it's very hard. i have been using this stuff for about a week, and i can REALLY see and feel the difference. check it out on the web, you will see all kinds of testimonials, lots of car clubs recommend it. right now, you can get the rejuvinator and prestine clean at a discounted price. i have used about 1/3 of it, and have ordered another batch, which i dont think i will need, the original batch seems to be more than enough. i have tried lexol, hyde food, zymol, meguiars, turtle wax, dog food, camel urine, whatever. nothing softened the leather, this stuff does. i am amazed, and the people that sold it to me said i would be. the worst part is the top of the back seat, where the leather was hard like metal, and the stiching was just barely starting to open up. now, it is much softer, and i can see where it will soon be nice and soft.

Oooh, thanks for the tip. My leather is just like yours was. I was about to start testing out all the different products but hadn't gotten around to it. I guess I don't have to do any testing now, I know what to get. Thanks again.

So is this the order you are supposed to use it in ?1)Prepping Agent
2)Rejuvenating Oil
3)Pristine CleanerHow much would you suggest getting to do all the seat surfaces ? 32 oz of each or MORE thanks for the heads up on this I didn;t know anything like this existed .. where did you find it ?DaveC

ken inn

that is correct. i have been trying for years to bring back my leather. and it seems like the 32 oz of rejuvinator and prestine clean are enough, the first time i did not get the prepping agent, the instructions are not clear on this. it was not until after several calls and emails that i figured i should have got it. the trick is to first remove what ever is there, from all the years, including any residue from your skin. that way, the ingredients from the rejuvinator will give the most benefit. i have tried so much stuff over the years, i wanted to be sure i removed whatever, so it would work. i still havent gotten the prep agent yet, and the leather is softening up. even the nice leather smell is coming back.

ken inn

make sure you get the prepping agent, i didnt, but have since ordered it. the prepping agent will remove all past deposits from whatever was used, and open up the pores, so the rejuvinator oil will penetrate deeper and faster. when you apply the first coat, after it has been cleaned, i used a small paint brush, and then massaged it it with my hands. a lot like putting sun tan lotion on. it's kinda messy, dont lick your fingers, but it cleans up easy. if you leave the car out in the sun, it makes the fibers expand, and easier to absorb more of the stuff, BUT, it will make it very hot, and you will have to use gloves to spread it around, it is so hot. also, the rejuvinator oil and the prestine clean look the same, but you put on the rejuvinator oil first, then leave it sit, at least a day. then, you use the prestine clean to remove whatever is left. i didnt know how to apply what, the directions are kinda vague, but numerous phone calls and emails got me on the right track. amazing results

I went to the site. Maybe I need to go back a couple of times and re-read but it looks to me like the "prepping agent" is to prep before dying the leather. Did I see wrong ??

ken inn

i think you need the prepping agent to remove all of the old waxes, silicones, body fluids, etc. from the leather, then the rejuvinator can penetrate better. i didnt use it, because, like you, from what i read, it looked like you didnt need it. but after a bunch of emails and phone calls, you need it. and, it seems the 32 oz size of both rejuvinater and prestine clean is enough to bring back the leather. i have only used about 1/4, and it is already a lot softer, and the smell is better. i put it on with a paint brush, and then rubbed it in with my hands. put the car out in the sun with the windows rolled up, so the seats get warm, and it works better.

atc250r

Staff member
I have been meaning to do a search on this very subject and BAM this comes up. The leather on the top of my back seat feels like cardboard but still looks fine. Are you still happy with the results, Ken?

John

ken inn

i havent done anything for quite a while. the top of the seat is a lot better, but not soft like the rest of the seat. the back upper seat got all wrinkly again, and softer.

turbowop

I ordered this stuff a couple weeks ago but it hasn't arrived yet. I know Mark Rieb used it on his car (which is Karter's car now) and his seats feel nice and supple. Haha......supple.

blacksheep

I called and talked to the lay at leatherique this morning.

They are running some kinda special right now...$50 for the 32 oz rejuvenator and pristine clean.

She was nice and patient and answered a bunch of my questions!

can you say thread resurrected from the dead?
shocked.gif

Hertz

Staff member
quote:Originally posted by blacksheep:
They are running some kinda special right now...$50 for the 32 oz rejuvenator and pristine clean. Ouch plus $20 s/h.

I bought this stuff a few years ago. In fact, I'm almost out of the Rejuvenating Oil. They suggest that you NOT leave it exposed to the sun. Some people will take a trash bag to and cover the seats after they apply it. You want the heat, but not the direct sunlight. I used to put it on in the summer and just let it bake in garage. I this stuff more than the Lexol with neetsfoot.

Also, unless it has changed, you only need the Rejuvenating Oil and Pristine Clean. The rejuvenating oil is what is supposed to get the old agents (Lexol, whatever) out.

[ 03-24-2004, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: dsmsleeper ]

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts