The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Question About Throttle Body Mod Jon Did

On that plate that he used to block off the ISC on the TB, does it block off the FIAV as well? I am just curious about what all the things were that are blocked off by this plate. Sorry, I'm not too knowledgable on this.
smile.gif

Ian,

There is a great thread on this (or 2). I"ll see if I can find it. I"m going to be doing mine as well.

Yeah Chris, I was looking at those earlier. What gauge aluminum would be good to use? I am probably going to use a thick as possible within reason.

Shouldn't matter too much, Soda can is probably too little but don't have to go huge. I have plenty of scrap 1/8 so I'll probably use that.

Also if your TB is off, you should measure the dimensions. I'll gladly mill you a piece as well to whatever specs you tell me. I haven't pulled my TB off yet to make mine since I've been too busy. I can even polish it if you want that bling bling
wink.gif

what kind of CAD file? I'll PM you with my work Email to try them anyway.

Thanks! Anyone else need one?

Mill? Now you're just trying to get fancy.
smile.gif

Hacksaw and hand drill worked for me. Take a piece of paper and press it on the bottom of the throttle body. Rub over it a couple times with something flat and you'll have yourself a nice imprint to go by.

Mark

haha. Well it's easier to just get the specs, make the part and just bolt it on. I got to be quick with the daily driver GVR4 and no garage
smile.gif

Bimmubishi

Here you go you hozers! I took off the angled corners cause that's fancy stuff that the guy at home with a saw might not be able to replicate. The holes are "thru" holes, .225 diameter but I made them .25 as it allows for some error.

Here it is.
img.php

Bimmubishi

Jon, those other threads say you can fill it with JB weld. I didn't want any solids in my intake stream that weren't actually "welded" as I don't want anything sneaking into the motor.

Hey Chris, if you mill me a piece how soon could I get it? I was planning on doing this with Josh Trainor from CODSM this Sat. But if you could be so kind as to make me one, it would make the job much faster.
grin.gif

I can make you one tomorrow when I make mine. If you want to pick it up tomorrow night i'm in Boulder.

Ian did you guys install those plates I made? How'd they work? I've got another one for myself to put on here next time I get some garage time
smile.gif

Hey Chris. The plates didn't actually fit very well since the holes didn't match up and it really wasn't big enough to cover over the whole thing.

We just ended up cutting some good sized aluminum sheeting and sandwiched it between the TB and that whole assembly.

If you wanted to make another plate like that, that would be great. Because then I would just have to bolt that thick plate on rather than doing what I did. Just let me know!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts