The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2G-MAS/Dejon Pipe Install NEED HELP !

atsiauto

Ok ive rewired my battery removed all the HKS P-Fcon garbage, get to the front of the car and try to install this 2 G and dejon pipe I bought off this board and It wont fit !!! hits the Bypass valve and the last rubber hose before the throttle body can anyone tell me how to make this work !? My car is not drivable without it as the 550's were being run by the HKS which I removed for this install ...
img.asp
[/url][/IMG]

The intake pipe looks to have been used with "short route" FMIC piping as recirculating the BOV in its stock location looks almost impossible. The only solution that might work is angling the MAS/intake pipe as close to the passenger side fan as possible to clear the BOV. Just an idea...

atc250r

Staff member
I think the guys running a 2G pipe like that are running a 2" long coupler off the turbo to make the MAS sit more towards the fender.

John

My 2G MAS Dejon setup has the MAS rotated so the flat side is up and the plug points to the rear. http://dejontool.com/images/DSM-Intake/CIP-21gG.JPG

You might need a longer silicon coupler hose or hump hose between the Dejon and the turbo's inlet to help it all clear. You can always trim that BOV pipe down to the minimum to hold the BOV hose; it carries no pressure. Maybe rotate your Dejon & MAS so the BOV pipe points backwards or more forward???

I recently installed this on my car. I had to use a 4.5in section of 2.75" silicone hose from RRE to make it fit. The thickness of the hose makes it a pita to install under the WGA while going over the turbo inlet. I did get it on finally, but it was not a whole lotta fun.

The peice of rubber that goes around the turbo inlet is needed for this to work the way I did it. I could NOT find a 2.5 to 2.75 hose in a 4" length, but mine works great the way I did it.
smile.gif

GL.

atsiauto

I saw what needed to happen after the 3rd post .. I went into my lab and pulled some old funky pressure hose from a volvo that I was saving God knows why ?
Put in the Grand master flash Tape in the 8 track and went to work ...

I also installed the 2g mas KeyDiver chip for the 550's and I finally have gotten rid of my 6300 rpm stutter/breakup the off boost preformance is even better after this mod .
I changed a lot of things so Im nit sure which one helped the most
1) Got rid of the HKS P-Fcon (used to run the 550's with a hacked 1g mas)
2) added the 2G Mas and Ghetto Remix
3) KEYDIVER CHIP (Jeff Rocks )
I cant thank Jeff O enough for the custom Chip
I am going to go driving and see what shenanighans I can come up with .
Thank you all for the ideas pics and help on this!!! Scotty .

I've found that the opposite is true. The 1g pipes need an extension.

See the piece of sewer pipe?:

engine2.jpg

However, my 2g pipe places it just fine due to the length of the 2g mas:

2g_intake.jpg

Just FYI.

Mark

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Is it just me, or does Scotty's upper radiator hose seem way to long, so much that it seems to be doubling back on itself.

This is a good thread, as I still have to do my 2g mas install.

In case anyone was wondering, my pipe is an RVM. Its a good piece at a good price. I do, however, have two criticisms. The outlet of the pipe is slightly smaller than the inlet of my 20g, so it would probably be best for 14b's or 16gs. The other problem is that the bov tube doesn't stick up very high so there isn't much room for a hose clamp to stay on it. Use a narrow clamp and you should be fine.

http://www.rvmracing.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=200&1=243&2=-1

Mark

atsiauto

quote:Originally posted by iceman69510:
Is it just me, or does Scotty's upper radiator hose seem way to long, so much that it seems to be doubling back on itself.

This is a good thread, as I still have to do my 2g mas install.
Yeah damn Napa Hose .. Its not as bad as it looks there , but I need to cut it down or just go get a new one from the dealer BTW
This car is FREAKING FAST AS HOLY CRAAP ! I had to turn the boost down!

quote:Originally posted by iceman69510:
Yes, I needed to hack an inch or 2 off the ones that I bought a few weeks ago at Discount Autoparts. Nice job Scotty!

FYI on the radiator hoses for those that don't know, they are all about 3" too long from the parts stores, uppers and lowers. It seems they must be a somewhat universal fit deal, as my local NAPA usually has them in stock, which is extremely rare for my GVR4 stuff, even DSM stuff.

Ok, now the question, who makes a 2G MAS pipe that will stick the filter way over there by the fender w/o any hackery or extensions?!?

quote:Originally posted by Minjin:
Did you not read my post? Either of them??

Mark
Sure did, and that one looks pretty good. Are there any others?

EDIT: Anyone tried the Injen? That's one sick looking intake. (Granted, you do pay for it)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned