The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ISC?? We don't need no stinkin ISC!

t-body1.jpg

t-body2.jpg

[ 03-12-2004, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: Jon ]

I was thinking of that. Does it actually work? Also I was about to post about the Vacuum hoses on the TB that goes to thermostat housing we dont need those either right. I took out my heater & A/C & no longer have the core or nothing So i'm going to block off all of the coolant lines & bypass the TB see any problems. I dont think there are.[This message has been edited by 1312VR4 (edited 05-25-2002).]

no check engine light and the car idles pretty well.

quote:Originally posted by Team Ducktape:
When are the "plates" coming to market and how much for them? Funny. I bought the piece of aluminum from Home Depot and cut it to fit. The hardest part was getting the old bolts out.

Yeah. I had some aluminum laying around.
Tools needed for removal: Phillips screwdriver, hammer, vice grips,WD-40,
12 pack , band -aids, & patience. Them things are a b**ch.
If all else fails break out with the Air Compressor( I almost had to)

teet

impact screwdriver. they come right out with the correct tools

john

[ 03-12-2004, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: Jon ]

Tried that & it stripped the slots. Vice grips worked good though. I do have all the right tools...lol

ken inn

what about idle bump up, like when the a/c is on?

Im very interested in this mod, what are the pros/cons and is there a vfaq?thanks
B

I don't have AC so that isn't a problem. You really need the ISC if you have AC. It idles too rich when the car is cold so you have to keep your foot on the gas a tad bit to let more air in. Not a big deal. Within 1 minute, it idles perfectly. With a VPC, it actually idles better like this. Another pro is I don't have those coolant hoses running to the throttle body heating things up.

Does this eliminate the FIAV aswell?Or has anyone just filled the passages for the FIAV with high-temp epoxy? If so, will the car maintain an idle without the FIAV?trying to avoid replacing the TB due to a bad FIAV...Mike Jones
615/2000

That entire section where that valve was is gone on my t-body. Idle is fine. You can always block off the FIAV and still use the ISC. Just remove that piece like I did and you'll see what I mean.

Just wanted to ask if you were able to reuse the bolts/screws you took out or if you got some to replace them? If so what kind?
Rich

4g63t

When I did this I cut the stock screws shorter with a dremel, worked fine.

MMorgan

Has anyone else done this since april????? any change of opinions?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts