The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: AGP L1R BB turbo- SOLD!

GreenGSX

For Sale: AGP L1R turbo.

$450 OBO plus shipping

I purchased this turbo 4-5 years ago used for my old Green Eclipse and I've been using it trouble free ever since.

The L1R is the largest turbo you can get in the GT28 architecture. It features a compressor wheel that is very close to the GT30 wheel but with a smaller turbine wheel. Don't let the small turbine fool you. This turbo has some kick to it. To make the small turbine flow and spool up a very special wheel was chosen that uses a very, very special 9-blade wheel instead of the 10-blade that everything else uses. So small wheel missing one blade equals fast spool and good top end. It is conservatively rated at 44lbs/min but I've seen 46-47lbs/min of flow at 28psi of boost.

This is a great road racing and autocross turbo. It easily hits 25+psi by 3500rpms in my car which has a big intercooler and intake manifold to fill.

It has no abnormal shaft play and it spins for a couple of minutes after you shut the car down. There are some minor chips on the compressor wheel leading edges that do not effect it s performance. It was always fed oil from the head through a filter that AGP provided. It was last used in October of last year right before I put the car away. I pulled the car out over the weekend to make sure everything was working and the turbo pulled strong like it always does.

The turbo is hand ported by me and is set up for a waste gate on the O2 housing which is not included in the sale. The turbo will come with the oil drain line, water lines, and the filter and oil line. I am keeping the banjo connector to the head so you will have to source that yourself.

$450 OBO plus shipping

Last edited:

GreenGSX

Price drop!... $475 or best offer plus shipping

This is a 20g sized turbo that spools up faster, recovers boost faster between shifts, and is tuff as nails. Out of the car and ready to ship.

Diego

Stock hook ups as 16g/20g to4e or does it fit a T3/T4 mani?

beaner

What exactly is a t3/t4 manifold? Two flanges?

It's clearly a DSM flanged in/out turbine housing.

GreenGSX

Quoting Diego:
Stock hook ups as 16g/20g to4e or does it fit a T3/T4 mani?

I should have posted a clearer picture of the exhaust housing but its a Mitsubishi style exhaust housing that is ported heavily by me. It also has the waste gate removed so you'll have to have one on the O2 housing, which is how I ran it, or weld shut the waste gate passage and run one off the manifold.

Also, the compressor cover is in the T25/T28 family so it fits without needing to dent the water pipe. The compressor inlet of the turbo is 2.75" so I use a rubber ring (pictured above)that lets me attach it to a 3" intake pipe. Turbo comes with the water lines and the oil line minus the banjo fitting. Those are easy to source and I can help with that if needed.

If you need specific pictures let me know I can post those up.

GreenGSX

The L1R spools up faster then a EvoIII 16g, makes more power, and has a bullet proof BB center section. Great turbo great price..

alansupra94

This looks like a great turbo. I will have to wait though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif My Toyota Supra need a 6 speed swap.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts