The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Stock fog lights/Lexus ES300 Projector Yellow Fog Light Combo

curtis

Take all the junk off the factory fog, preheat oven to 175
Bake at 185 for 20 minutes then up again to 195 to 210 for 10 minutes. Repeat if necessary
Then after the bake take a wide flat tip or a wide plastic scrapper. I use part of an old beech baron windscreen thats been sharpened.

Then pry up on a corner. If it takes alot of effort go back to baking again but not super hot 230 max. ABS plastic starts to melt at below that. Then after its apart and grey goo is still hot start scrapping and cutting it out. No solvents I've found effect the stuff.
Then set aside and go bake the next one. Your not fast enough to bake both and separate both.

Now remove the metal shield and wire brush the corrosion and then repaint. After cured install everything back in the same way it comes out and seal with grey RTV. now I noticed these have the plastic adjuster pieces missing. When you go to take them out they usually break into two pieces because there brittle from the heat. No big deal after there back in the square hole and you thread the height adjustment back in they want fall out. Just make sure you put the new lexus projectors back in with the top on top or the cut off line etc will be upside down.

If buyer or seller have any questions yell. I've done a bunch of these over the years for people on here.

Hondasi88

Thanks for quick write up! I am still deciding if I should keep them since one of my fog light is cracked.

GSX_TC

Would yellow 3k hid's for the factory fogs be too bright?

curtis

No they have a factory shield in side so it will have a cut off line.

GSX_TC

What if the shield was removed? Would they be bright then?

IncorpoRatedX

already mine, just waiting for his reply to my pm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IncorpoRatedX

because he replied to me already, then i asked for his paypal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hondasi88

I apologize for the mix up! I sent Whaooo a PM asking if he wanted the fogs then replied to Alpha letting him know that they were still available.

Whomever could paypal me the money today will have the fogs shipped tomorrow through USPS with a tracking number.

IncorpoRatedX

need a paypal address!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts