The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Key Fob replicas

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve

Please provide your screen name and shipping info on your payment!

Please do not send funds as "Gift" anymore. PayPal is hassling me about it.

OK here's the deal. If you haven't read the other thread, here is a quick recap.

Member RayN identified the manufacturer of the original Galant VR4 keyfobs as MedalCraft. Darksyne and Struc contacted MedalCraft and got the ball rolling on this. Thanks to turbowop and Adorsey who agreed to loan me their '91 and '92 original key fobs, we can have MedalCraft make new dies (the originals were destroyed at some point). The replicas will be cast in brass, like the originals, and MedalCraft is offering engraving services.

These are going to be $22 shipped each, or $40 shipped for a pair. Engraved or blank, same price. If you want the engraving done by MedalCraft, you will have to paypal me up front before I place the order. If you want a blank one and to get your own engraving done, no pre-payment is necessary. I will order enough so that I should have blanks for sale. If necessary I can have another run of these made, since we will own the dies. A donation will be made to the site for operating costs and hookers/blow for Hertx.

I will keep everything updated at this Google spreadsheet: Click here for current order information. Note there are two sets of columns for '91 fobs and two sets of columns for '92 fobs. This is because some members wanted a key fob for #xxx/2000 as well as #yyy/2000.

Again, if you would like your fob to be engraved, I will need payment first. By sending payment you confirm that the information in my spreadsheet regarding your badge # is correct! If I transposed numbers, or otherwise screwed up, please tell me before/with your payment!!! If you don't pay by the time I place our order, I will still order the same quantity but yours will be blank. That way if you back out, I can still sell them. I will place our order once I have the original key fobs in my hands and send them off to MedalCraft. It should be a 4 week turnaround time for these to be made once MedalCraft has the originals.

Paypal can be sent to [email protected]. Prices are based on $22 each or $40 for a pair:

1=$22.00
2=$40.00
3=$62.00
4=$80.00
5=$102.00
6=$120.00
7=$142.00
8=$160.00

Rendering:
img.php

Actual sample fob!

Comparo genuine vs replica:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not gonna be able to get in on this right now, but in a few months I'd be able to. You're saying this should still be available?

steve

Yes, either I will still have some blanks in stock, or I will be able to order another batch. Thanks.

JSchleim18

Please forgive me, but when will the order be placed? I want to get in on this so MedalCraft can do my engraving.

And supporting Hertx's hooker and blow habit is always great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

steve

It will be at least a week before I have to pay up, since I'm waiting on the two original fobs and then I have to mail them to MC.

dustyduff

As soon as I type this message, I'll be sending payment Steve. I couldn't view the spreadsheet for some reason. It kept going back to the sign in screen. I'm sure you have it right though, since it's under the user name. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sending payment for 2 fobs. #1759/2000

Brunoboy

A week from today is cut off?

BoostedAWD91

will the fobs their gonna make be exactly as the factory style with the raised lettering or like the ones someone else made here with the engraved lettering

maroonmetallic

Steve,

Payment sent for 3 fobs now!

2 engraved w/ 710/1000

AND 1 BLANK 1992!
Thanks.
-Shawn

steve

Quoting marvinmadman:
Engraving would be the car number? Or something else?

Engraving will be your car number, just like the original badges were. xxx/1000 or xxx/2000

Quoting Can2:
I can send payment for the fob on tuesday. Would that be to late?

That would be fine.

Quoting brunoboy:
A week from today is cut off?

Approximately. I don't have the original fobs in my hands yet, so I can't even mail them off to MC yet. It probably will not be until the next week that they have them and I place the big order. So you probably have more time. And in the worst case, your order will be converted to blanks and you can get the engraving done anywhere.

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
will the fobs their gonna make be exactly as the factory style with the raised lettering or like the ones someone else made here with the engraved lettering

The replica fobs will be cast in brass, as the originals were. They will be just as the factory style with the raised lettering. It will not be like the machined versions that someone made a while back.

steve

Quoting dustyduff:
As soon as I type this message, I'll be sending payment Steve. I couldn't view the spreadsheet for some reason. It kept going back to the sign in screen. I'm sure you have it right though, since it's under the user name. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sending payment for 2 fobs. #1759/2000

Got you and I updated the spreadsheet. Sorry you aren't able to see it, but I have confirmed the #s and quantities you gave me. Thanks!

maroonmetallic

Do I get a shipping discount? They are less than 30 minutes away from me!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Shawn

steve

Fat chance! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts