The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear Subframe poly Bushings **comming to a end**

boostx

How may people would be interested in these bushing for the rear sub frame.
The will be made out of polyurethane. One soft for street and a harder one for the track.
I should be getting the Prototype in the next few weeks, (will post pics)
The price $140 for all four pieces depending on how people interested.(
It will not be necessary to remove the rear sub frame from the car for the installation of the new one.

img.php

Last edited:

CP

EDIT: misunderstood the part

Last edited:

He isn't offering sway bar-chassis busings.... He's making 'subframe' bushings, the pancake ones. I'd be interested but I just started the process of having them made for me as well so it's a week too late for me to jump on the bandwagon. Nice idea though, those are hard to come by. Did you buy a new OEM unit to get your specs from?

Last edited by a moderator:

CP

I've got some spare new poly subframe bushings if anyone wants them. PM me and I'll take photos. I believe they're Energy Suspension.

jepherz

Staff member
Quote:
I've got some spare new poly subframe bushings if anyone wants them. PM me and I'll take photos. I believe they're Energy Suspension.

I did a fair amount of 'digging' and didn't find ANY subframe bushings for the rear besides Noltec, which I don't think are made any more. You sure you have REAR bushings there and not 4 for the FRONT?

Quote:
I think he means that you can let it hang off the subframe bolt and slip these on and jack it back together.
KT

I hope not. They won't be in there tight enough if they aren't put in with a press.

boostx

You should be able to get a loner press form auto parts store to install yourself.

Larry Parker

I have solid delrin in my race car and they seem to be holding up just fine.... I would think that solid is the key for the racers... Also delrin is easy to machine...!

LP

These can also be made out of delrin without a problem but the cost is a little more and they are precision cnc lathed.

Nijasan

I want some of these ASAP. I have a 1G rear subframe sitting in my garage that I've been putting off installing along with a 4 bolt rear. I was just about to order these bushings in the OEM style.

Also, from what I understand, solid is what you always want when it comes to these. I was even considering a set of those aluminum ones that (I believe) Shearer sells.

Last edited:

boostx

The hardest one is going to be out of UHMW.
Which to me is very hard but this will be a little more $$

jepherz

Staff member
It is possible to machine OR pour poly, but you can only machine delrin?

Last edited:

Rausch

Which poly? The etheylenes, propylenes, and urethanes are all manufactured in the same way as the delrins, teflons and others in that they are mixed, but not at level commonly available to the end user. Those, among others, are almost exclusively cast (rough: rods, sheets), and machined down into useable parts.

You could however readily acquire straight urethane (IIRC) and pour it into a mold though.

So long as you had the right dimensions, anyone machine these with a lathe.

Last edited by a moderator:

CP

Here's what I've got left:

Energy Suspension bushing numbers read (from top to bottom):

Flat washer-like black pieces on right in second picture read:

Can anyone confirm where these go?

CY - Are there any other numbers on them or do you have the part number that is on that sheet they are laying on? Somethings not matching up.

click

Here is the chart for how to read the part numbers from ES.

Explanation of Set Numbers

Part / Set Number Example- 3.4101-R

Manufacturer-
Example "3"

1- Suzuki
2- Jeep
3- General Motors
4- Ford Co.
5- Chrysler Co. & Mitsubishi
6- Scout/International
7- Nissan/Datsun
8- Toyota
9- Universal Application
10- MG
11- Mazda
12- BMW
13- Ferrari
14- Isuzu
15- Volkswagen
16- Acura & Honda
17- Volvo
18- Saturn
19- Subaru

General Description-
Example "4"

1- Motor & Transmission Mounts
2- Spring Bushings
3- Control Arm Bushings
4- Body Mounts
5- Stabilizer Bar Bushings
6- Spring Isolators & Strut Stops
7- Strut & Tracking Arm Bushings
8- Shock Eyes & End Links
9- Universal Applications
10- Rack & Pinion Bushings
11- Lubricants
12- Apparel: Shirts, Caps
13- Tie Rod & Ball Joint Boots
16- Steering Couplers
18- THE HYPER-FLEX SYSTEMâ„¢ Master Bushing Sets

Set No.-
Example "101"

etc.

Color-
Example "R"

G- Black
R- Red

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts