The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Lower Shores Performance MBC - GVR4 Price is $41.70 (all fees included)

Terry Posten

IMO the best MBC on the market for the money that works perfect.

I talked to Brian Arnone and he has agreed to do a GalantVR4 special price for his MBC.

No need to get a large order together, order directly from the owner/builder for $35.00. Shipping anywhere in the 48 states is $5.20. If paying with Paypal, add $1.50. For a grand total of $41.70.

For the complete right-up on this MBC, go to web page

aypal address is : [email protected]

Or you can send a USPS money order made out to:

Brian Arnone
3522 Lynn Avenue
Castle Hayne, NC. 28429

Last edited:

mistaVR4

This MBC is the BEST you can get for the price! Hands down. I've had mine ever since I bought my first GVR4, it was the first mod I ever purchased and by far one of the best mods for the price. I've never had a problem with it, all you need to do to properly adjust it on the go is have a small (1/16 allen head I think?) in the glove box and your all set /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is an awesome deal guys, for sure! You won't be disappointed if you get one. Hertz can vouch for this as well..

Thanks Brian!

-Steve

RayH

I also have the same MBC. Steampunk MBC FTW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Terry Posten

TTT

As if you didn't know, I also have this unit and have had almost 2 years of flawless service.

belize1334

My main complaint with my current MBC is the boost "surge" i get when the turbo is spooling quickly. Mine is currently set to 15psi but if I come at it hard I get 17psi for about a second or so before it settles. If this unit can cure that problem then I'm sold.

Terry Posten

I have found that the shorter the vac hoses are, the quicker the WG can adjust. The other BIG thing is the ID size of the hose barbs and passages inside the MBC to get the "signal" to the WG accuator.

This unit is 1/4", not 1/8" like most units. It is very effective against boost spike, but if your problem lies in lack of porting, then it wont help.

BUT - for only $35.00, it is a cheap test that most likely will fix your issue.

CP

Gonna give this a try to see if it reduces turbo lag at all.

Hertz

Staff member
If you have something similar to a Joe P. MBC, this is a better unit. The adjustable bleeder can reduce/eliminate spikes.

hiboost07

Hello everyone, this is my first post as I just signed up tonight. My name is Brian Arnone of Lower Shores Performance and I want to thank Terry for inviting me to the group and allowing me to offer my boost controllers to everyone on the site. I have one thing to respond to and it was about using a 1/16" allen wrench to adjust the controller. My boost controllers are a "no tools needed" design and you just turn the coarse and fine adjusters to make changes. Both adjusters do have a way to set the preload so they don't back out. The coarse adjuster has a small allen set screw and the fine adjuster has a 7/16" packing nut. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Take care

Brian

Myles

Got mine today and it works great. Bump for a great product
img.php

CP

Got mine yesterday and it works fine. I am actually dialing in my boost with the course adjuster, as I don't really think it's nesessary to mess with the fine adjuster after it is initially set via the instructions.

I also decided to extend my vac hoses a little bit and mounted it with one of the radiator support bolts instead of on the radiator fan this time since I manually have my fans running quite a bit and don't want to kill the accuracy of this new one with tons of vibrations.

Polish

Can anyone verify how much less lag there is with this installed compared to a typical JoeP or Hallman?

3rd gear 10psi @ 3000rpms VS 3rd gear 10psi @ 2700rpms is the kind of data I am looking for. Please include turbo size also just for reference.

Terry Posten

The numbers that you are asking for is very hard to get accurately. The bigger results you want to see is no boost spike or boost creep.

The fine adjusting knob can be adjusted if you think your WG is not closing fast enough during a shift.

What I do is adjust the fine knob just until I can feel the vac pull at idle with my finger over the port. That way it does not effect the idle too much (vac leak). Then I adjust the coarse to where I want it. If I notice a small lag at shifting (WG not closing fast enough), I crack the fine knob just a little more.

Keep in mind though, cracking the fine knob open more will raise your boost level so you need to readjust the coarse knob again.

Go very slowly and once it is dialed in, you can forget it.

mmc_gsx

I ordered mine last night. can't wait to install it to the colt.

Forgot to mention I received the MBC 4 days later. Terry Posten installed it, and so far works great!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts