The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Coil on plug set-ups>>>ALL SOLD>>>>>

curtis

The original thread.

I have 9 total. One with white shrink wrap showing, one with yellow shrink wrap showing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif, 3 with red and the rest have the normal black/ dark charcoal shrink wrap showing.

All the diamond logos were opened up by hand
Plates were vibrator sanded and all imperfections removed.
All the holes were reamed out and chamfered
New 3 pin plugs with weather tight seals and new wires
All connections are soldered and sealed with heat shrink
Main harness is covered with aircraft plastic mesh and heat shrinked on the ends
All the hardware is supplied, zinc plated allen heads for the 5 mounting points with rubber washers as anti vibration mounts and also spaces the plates up for heat removal, All the boots are already trimed to lenght and 7 of the sets have of springs which have tinned copper mesh ran insided and soldered into place. This lower's the ohm resistance to .4 from 6.0.
The coils are also mounted with zinc plated hardware and nylon lock nuts
The main harness is mounted to the plate with adel clamps one the back side.

The mod motor fords have an aftermarket boot kit that lowers theres to this level from 3.6 and Granatelli motorsports claims a 35% increase with this so it was worth the effort.

$260 shipped for the members here If I have to put them on ebay they will be over $300 each. I've spent lots of time on these and made sure everything is good to go. These are 100% plug and play. I'll still have to test before I ship but I'll have to find a car to test with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I want my car back together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

My paypal is [email protected] Please post here first before you PM me with color requests I don't want everyone wanting the competition yellow one all at once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks Curtis

Last edited:

jepherz

Staff member
What exactly is the idea behind the soldering you did to the internal spring? And have you tested a unit with this 'mod' long enough to guarantee that it's not hurting anything by having said mod in place? They look nice, Curtis.

curtis

Yes the ones on my car have the copper mesh installed...and yes its a noticible improvement.

curtis

Ethan (Ralli380Gvr4) now owns a red one......2 reds left.

Last edited:

curtis

All Pm's answered

curtis

One red left

curtis

Pm's answered

curtis

To the top

curtis

Will do. Just let me know.

curtis

Paul ......no. I think yours had the aluminium rod. Check and them PM me back.

curtis

If you've paid they leave tomorrow. Thadirtybird (perez)came by and we tested them all back to back. 9 COP installs in about 1.5 hours along with lots of smack talking. Thanks man I owe you. All tested good and fired up and went to red line no problem. One thing we noticed during testing is.... If you rev a stock intercooler system up the top hose looks like the car is on cialas but no priaprism problems. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ready to ship and will be all packaged tomorrow for fast shipment. Let me know.

curtis

Yes it will thanks been doing yard sale stuff today.

I have one guy still to answer back and 2 still open for sale in black heat shrink showing.

curtis

BoostedVR4, tree fiddy and ron all have PM's

awaiting payment on these 3.....Thats it guys all gone.

I'm calling and making connections on all the stuff next week to do a run of 10 or so If I get a chance it maybe later on before I do anymore. It takes alot of work and time to build matching sets of anything and lots of things have to fall into place to do them.

To all that have bought them. Thank you...Curtis

004tsi

darn it, I go out of town and you sell out, crap, well if anyone doesn't want one, i do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts