The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: Possible headliner group buy (update installed)

curtis

My next door neighbor has been in the uphositery business forever he took it over from his father. He's probably been working in the business for 50 years or so. He's old school and says he's never even seen ebay before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Anyway since the car is being torn down for the clutch next week I'm taking the headliner/sunroof panel and the visors to him. He's doing mine with black suede to match the door panels. After he does mine and can give a price that he could do it for he said he could do as many as we want. I'll hit the local junkyards for extra's so it will be a quick turn around then when we run out of people wanting them the extras can be sold on ebay or here.

I know you guys want commit to it without a price but I would like a possible headcount for him the more the better because he can buy the material in bulk and be cheaper for all of us. He might be able to get the factory material but hell it doesn't match anyway. The suede I'm thinking will look like it been rallyfide flocked.

Don't pm me just post here. I get enough PM's about stuff already.

Just put down if you have a sunroof or not and if you also want visors done not sure yet if he can put the mirrors back in or not because factory visors are heat sealed not sewn.

This will be done like my brake rotor group buy. I'll give everyone a chance to save up the money and you can ship them here or his shop. If people have extras send them also it will be better for all. They'll be a drop dead date for the money to be in to my paypal and then we'll start shipping them out. Remember these will be oversized packages and shipping will be more than a 20 or 30 bucks. Not sure yet what it will be. This will be a first in, first out deal. No cutting line etc. If we ship out a headliner without yours first, we expect it to be installed asap so we'll have your core in stock for the next guy.

Also any other suggestions for this to run as smooth as the brake group buy let me know.

Thanks Curtis

Last edited:

CmanorVr4

Black suede for me too, I have a sunroof and would want the visors as well. Don't really care about the mirrors, I watch the road when I drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I am very interested. I just tore out what was left of my headliner and have been scratching my head as what to do next. But I am not sure I could benefit from this, my car has a ASC sunroof installed and there is literly no carboard backing or whatever to glue the material to. I would even be interested in the headliner for a no sunroof car and cut the opening if that is the way it would have to be done. But I am more interested in the factory gray colored material that I tore off. Not sure how the suede would look. Can you post pics of yours when it is finished?

Gordian79

Im interested with visors of course i dont need the visor mirror also.I put my make up on before i get in the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gtluke

depending on the price i'd be up for visors and a sunroof headliner.
mine looks like crap.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

interested in the headliner, visors. sunroof car.

curtis

Talked to him this morning again. He said on some headliners small casting marks show up with suede but he said what he does is put on a normal cover that has the foam backing then suede over it. I guess will see what happens over the next few weeks I'm taking mine to him whan I can.

Mods if you want put this as a sticky.....

curtis

Hey Curtis, let me know how much the headliner and visors would be if your friend wants to do them. My visor came apart over the summer. Later.

Hill

1941Galant

curtis

Paul also is in for a non sunrof and visors.

mistaVR4

Headliner/visors, black suede, sunroof car! Mines in terrible condition.

Headliner + Visors price dependant, Sunroofs are for girls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'm also really interested in a black headliner and visors (with or without mirror). Car has sunroof.

I would really like to see a picture of the finish headliner installed - when can you post the pictures them?

vr460mez

incorrect headliner is a cardboard material or fiberglass. My coworker does upholstery and I have done some headliners my self. If you roll it up it would destroy its shape.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts