The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: professional powder coating services via mail order gvr4.org only discount

3rdstrikedsm

As many of you know I sold my evo and many other projects to get this professional level powder coating business off the ground ans it is finally up and running so since I have been a long time member of this community I am offering a discount above the normal pricing for a walk in customer rate however I simply can not compete with hacks who have an eastwood gun and a modded kitchen oven as this is more of a high end business doing our best work each and every time we do a part from start to finish and no steps are ever skipped in order to maximize profit (huge pet peeve of mine) here is a list of what will happen to your part when it arrives here.

clean degrease,pre bake,media blast phosphate wash (if aluminum) bake dry then cool and on to powder coating then bake again so not just a scuff and shoot (another pet peeve of mine)

I can do batch work and structures up to 20 feet such as truck frames and trailers etc etc no job to big or small!

I have spent the money for the best equipment so I insure top quality results every time (I pride myself on my work)

I have been doing some mail order work and turnaround has been 24 to 48 hours please check my feedback I am quick with shipping.

Help support a fellow Mitsu enthusiast and forum regular and a ground up built business by an individual not bank owned (I may be crazy for doing it this way)

Things you need to know about powder coating....
Basic colors in a 1 shot application are the strongest most durable and less expensive
candy colors are nothing more than a silver/chrome base with a tinted clear coat and are 2 applications and really are for "show" more than something done in something say a wrinkle black and tend to cost more for the powder as you have to buy a base and a clear and the person who applies the coating must go through it 2 times with that said I can do it no problem if you so desire.

Shop around for colors at prismaticpowders.com and allpowderpaints.com for the colors you are looking for

Last edited:

NateCrisman

We should hook up and I'll start sending you "typical dsm/vr4" parts....you coat at your leasure, and we stock some stuff already done.

3rdstrikedsm

I can for sure do that pm me with what you have in mind.

badams

Did I miss the prices somewhere? What do you charge for example a valve cover?

3rdstrikedsm

Usually 65.00 plus powder 85 for candy for 2 stage colors but take a look at the web pages I linked to get an idea of colors and price but if it is a color I stock then its only 10.00 for the powder and 50.00 for the service gvr4.org price but everythhing is a case by case basis so if you have something specific either pm me the details or messag me on our face book page as linked above.

Jesus_Negros

I am about to get my om617 vc pc I wonder how much shipping is to fl. I'd love to support a fellow member but I don't want to break my own bank doing it. Hmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

3rdstrikedsm

Quoting idreamidrive:
Any future in doing high temp ceramic coatings?

I wanted to but to do it properly you would need fresh media every time you blast a part to get the coating to adhere properly which gets costly but is the only way to do it properly which is the only way I do things but that goes back to high end coating which gets costly as you need virgin blast media every time you profile a part to get ceramic to stick but yes I plan on doing it a little at a time to test the market so to speak.

If anyone who is ceramic coating does not use 100% virgin media then the coating for sure will fail.

powder coat does not have to be clean blast media to work as it all gets phosphate or acid washed after blasting.

3rdstrikedsm

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
I am about to get my om617 vc pc I wonder how much shipping is to fl. I'd love to support a fellow member but I don't want to break my own bank doing it. Hmmmm

What color were you wanting?

Jesus_Negros

A dark blue that matches my blue leather interior.

LaLCOgwl.jpg

And maybe have the intake manifold coated as well blue or silver (if I feel like removing it).

Last edited by a moderator:

3rdstrikedsm

Go to prismaticpowders.com and find the top 5 blues that may match up then have them send you those free samples so you can set them beside them to see what one you need then order that color.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned