The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: Massive GVR4 Intercooler!

Galantvr4559

I am thinking about selling my galant specific short route intercooler! It's pretty big and set up for speed density and tial bov! Used on a down firing turbo setup! I will include piping and all clamps and couplers that are currently on it. This is just a feeler to see if anyone would be interested in this. It has served the purpose for my galant but I am in need of a bigger intercooler. Core size 29x10x2.75. Over all size 35.5x10x2.75. I would like to get $400 for the set up! Obo

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

What kind of core is it? Does it come with the BOV for $500? If not, I'd say $500 is a little steep for a used core in that condition, even if it's some kind of name brand core like a Spearco or Greddy. You can pick up a brand new VRSF core with piping that's the same size for just over $300 bucks click .

Galantvr4559

That is a 2g intercooler not a galant intercooler you made a link to. This is short route gvr4 intercooler. It's a griffin core and bov does not come with the set up. Gvr4 specific and I listed OBO!

Last edited:

GSNT

I used to build FMIC's in Kentucky with Shannon and this looks VERY much like the ones we did. We used Griffin and Spearco cores too.

GSNT

When we built ICs back in the day, we paid somewhere around $250 for just the Spearco CORE ALONE. I think our total investment in parts/materials was about $500. Oh how things have changed.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting Galantvr4559:
That is a 2g intercooler not a galant intercooler you made a link to. This is short route gvr4 intercooler. It's a griffin core and bov does not come with the set up. Gvr4 specific and I listed OBO!

Yes, it's a 2G kit, but it will fit a GVR4. I was jut trying to give you some perspective on pricing since the cores are virtually the same size. The VRSF core is by no means the same quality of say, a Spearco core IMO, but it is proven to produce good results according to the dyno sheet posted on their website. That's why I was curious as to what brand the core was, because as GSNT said, name brand cores usually fetch a higher price. I'm all for getting what you want for your stuff though, GLWS.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned