The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: real short shifters

EHmotorsports

Thought I would see if anyone would be interested in having me make a short shifter? It will have a throw as short as a 3000gt shifter but with zero modifications to your cars center console. I have already developed one using a 1g dsm shifter as well as a vr4 shifter.
If anyone is interested I would require you to ship me your shifter minus the base. Below are pics of what I will need to complete.
Price is $100.00 shipped to US and added shipping for international orders. Please allow 2-3days turnaround after I receive your shifter.

add $50.00 if a core is not provided. Core money will be refunded upon receiving a good usable core.

Shipping will be to EH Motorsports 6715 SW 213th ave Beaverton Oregon 97007.

Last edited:

prove_it

Does it become a legitimate short shifter? Not just in height? I'm sure it does, but gotta ask.

EHmotorsports

very legitimate question. yes the pivot points are relocated to make a true short shifter. I should also add that if you use a 1g shifter that a weighted shift knob is recommended for a better feel. I am old and don't like to work for my shifts haha.

EHmotorsports

Here are a couple pics of how close it is to the console. I also installed the rubber shifter boot and it seems to clear without causing any issues.

EfiniX

You're old!?!

coulda fooled me.

Sign me up for one, but you already knew that, didn't you...

EHmotorsports

I feel older then I am;) No worries I have a 1g shifter ready. or I can make yours when it gets dropped off for the other work.

EfiniX

Hoping I can get it to 1500mi. before my trip to China. So maybe in 4 weeks or so. Seems to me like the right time to do it. I'll leave it to you whether or not you want to drop a pre-fab in and take mine as a core, or just convert mine.

Also just popped a message out to Paul. I'm leaning more and more towards the transmission work then, too.

C

EHmotorsports

no problem. and I can install the 1g to see how you like it then decided if you want the top arm longer.

EHmotorsports

I have two 1g cores in stock and one shortened gvr4 shifter.

EfiniX

This thread is absolutely worth resurrecting. One of the two cores EH currently has is almost certainly out of my car. I had him install one of his short shifters and seriously, it's an absolute dream. A true short shifter (with a nice, high pivot point), perfect with the new transmission (thanks TheDSMGuy).

These things are legit (and EH is a great guy, so you should buy from him on principle if nothing else)

EDIT: and it looks great with the custom knob from Racah!

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

I just recieved two more cores for shifters should have them ready by the end of the week.

Last edited:

Vader

If your on the fence about buying a short shifter from Evan, get off the damn fence and buy one. I got lucky and worked out a trade with him but if I had to I would totally pay the asking price for one of these! Its a very nice quality piece and only requires minimal adjustment to the shifter cables after install.

EHmotorsports

Sold out of the existing shifters but I will have 4 more available by weeks end.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts