The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Ready to run 2G head

CutlassJim

I have a very nice 2G head I pulled off my car a year ago and completely forgot about in my storage unit. It was rebuilt and has about 500 miles on it. It's still perfectly aluminum colored. Runners are slightly ported. Only shaved once so plenty of meat left on it. A couple new guides I forget how many, maybe 8. Comes with sodium filled Evo valves and Evo springs and retainers. I spun it to 7500 RPM on HKS 272 cams with no problem. Surfaced for a regular head gasket , no faggy MLS sh*t in my house. Again this is ready to drop on and go.

$300 plus shipping.

ORRRRRRRR

I could take it apart and port the bowls and runners more plus gasket match. Hot tank and re assemble for another $200.

This would be the 10th or so head I've ported so it will come out nice I promise. Not Headgames level but hey it's $200.

EDIT: Oh I have pictures already.

EDIT #2: Oh yeah the 8mm studs that are in there are stainless steel.

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

2G small ports on the intake side? drilled for 6 bolt head studs?

CutlassJim

Yup 2G small ports. Already drilled out I had it on my 6 bolt. Oil port mod done too. If needed I'm %99 sure I have a stock 2G intake manifold in my basement to help with installation.

In all honesty with this head and Evo III intake manifold on 272 cams and a 16G my Galant never felt so strong mid range and up top. I'm 2G head for life. I just have another head I built and ported pretty heavily. Didn't want to mess with this one since it was perfect the way it was.

Can we make it so Galant stops coming up as a spelling mistake? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

IncorpoRatedX

i have an Evo 8 manifold I'm using for a RWD configuration in my wagon. So that would work perfect. Galant can be 'added to your dictionary' by right clicking the word and selecting "add to dictionary" it will no longer appear misspelled on your browser.

CutlassJim

Genius! Screw you red squiggly line.

Well let me know I can ship it any time.

CutlassJim

Deposit received on the head.

Forgot to mention the machine work was done by the guy who does Kevin Jewer's engines.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned