The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Rear skid plate for GVR4

bobdole

Rear skid plate for GVR4. 100% bolt on. Made out of 1/8 aluminium and weight is 10lbs. Comes with stainless hardware. I build this to protect my gas tank. Fitment is perfect.
Comes with raw finish. So you can powder coat any finish. I did mine in black. Shipped price is $370.00. I have two kits available. Hand build by me.

dybH5L.jpg

kfc4vL.jpg

0KynmQ.jpg

Powder coated black.
gNrZcm.jpg

SIi7Yj.jpg

Mike car with JDM rear bumper.
kuet.jpg

Link for more images.
click

Thanks
Charles

Last edited:

MellowVR4

I will eventually buy this, maybe tax return time. So I would advice that you make more of these kits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif. Im sure more of us would love this on their cars. Make a front kit aswell? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bobdole

Thanks. I have do have the specs to build more. So we are good. I might make one for the front.

bobdole

One sold. One left in stock.

GSX_TC

Charles, Can you make these for other places too like on that white JDM car? Front, rear diff, and Other various areas to deflect airflow. Would love to have more of this under the car. So many new cars come with this kinda stuff stock we def need these. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

MellowVR4

++++1^

bobdole

Thanks guys. I am looking into making a front one. Taking measurements and stuff. I will make a new post for the front one when completed.

MellowVR4

awesome

GSX_TC

Sounds good can't wait to see it!

bobdole

Ok guys. Question about the front skid plate. Would you want it with open wholes to access the oil filter and drain plug?

citymunky

I will say with open holes for access. One of the only things I hated about the G35 was you have to drop the OEM undertray to change the oil.
If it's not to hard for you you can add access door like this:

IMG_3211.jpg

bobdole

Won't be able to do the access door. Was just going to make a whole. Where you can access the filter and whole to drain the oil.

Something like this.
eqfb.jpg

Last edited:

MellowVR4

Access holes would be cool, but sometimes doing the oil changes can get a little messy when the oil starts running on the north and south rails from the ofh. Also Idk if its just me but removing the oil filter and reinstalling it is a little corky with the space thats given.

GSX_TC

I say just a solid panel no holes, no vents. If they wanna acess stuff, they can take the thing off. Having holes in it and vents would affect it's drag coefficient. We want it to nice and smooth down there, (says in sexual undertone ver GalantVR4.org) luckily this piece would not only protect under car parts to an extent but also help in higher speeds with less wind resistance.

bobdole

Still working on the pricing for the front. Almost finished with it. Thanks

mitsuturbo

Easy enough solution for the holes for oil changes and such... just drill some holes, put some threaded bosses on the backside, and have other plates which bolt on. You'd have to remove 3 or 4 bolts to get to the oil filter, but it wouldn't be too bad. I may actually want one of the front plates, simply to keep the engine bay cleaner.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts