The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Baer Track brakes

Racah15

Hey,Thought I'd post up my Brakes for sale. I see a lot of Galant guys going this route, so I'm posting them here.

I Got some Baer big brakes with pads with alot of life left, and all hardware. The centering sleeves were a bit rough to get off, so they suffered minor damage, but they are still round so they will work. If you are paranoid, you can order new ones from RTM racing for cheap. I have new locking hardware also I will include directly from Baer. $450shipped OBO. Throw me an offer, I need these moved quickly.

They are painted Rally Red, which is a Red, with a very minor orange Pearl. It's beautiful. One caliper has a scratch since my friend came over yesterday and put it on it's face /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Last edited:

Racah15

I'll take best offer on it. But does anyone know if the brackets that come with these work on Galants. I forgot to add in the disclaimer that these are off my 2g. But I see a lot of Galant guys using these so I figured it might be bolt on?

EHmotorsports

As far as I am aware 1g dsm and 6g gallants will require an adaptor braket for the calipers. I know someone on tuners is making the brakets for the mustang cobra calipers and are the same calipers as Baer.

Racah15

They do require caliper brackets and are included in this package; however, I do not know if they will "bolt on" a 1g/GVR4 setup. These brackets are cast from Baer and not some one off pieces. Also, I do not have big enough rims to try these out on my galant (stockers) so I can't say.

CutlassJim

If they bolt on a 2G they bolt on a 1G/GVR4 and almost everything Mitsu makes. Worst case you would have to buy different lower brake lines if these are banjo style.

Racah15

oh wow, that's cool to know. Thanks! And yes these do require the use of a banjo bolt style. For $40, I can include some brand new unopened Banjo style brake hoses so you can fit these. I forgot about that detail. Unfortunately I do not have the hoses included because I didn't need them, but I can get them from my parts supplier for $40. So I'd be selling them to you guys at cost.

But quick update, these things are ready to go to a new home. Rotors are in exceptional quality, I made the centering rings sound worse than they actually are. Here are a few pics. One isn't even damaged, just a minor small mm kink in the lip. Here are more pics. I took 2 more pics to show the color. The first is with flash and that's about as close as I can get it to actual inperson color. The next is without flash and shows the orange pearl. THESE ARE BEATIFUL AND READY TO BOLT ON! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I know in the pics it looks kinda funny, but inperson they look really really good. Got lot's of compliments on them.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned