The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: 6 bolt long block

ducttapeguy

Hey all Im going to have a motor built for the G and Im seeing what kind of interest there is in my current motor. Here is what I know off the top of my head.

Stock rebuild done by previous owner (Nate)

The motor had approx. 500 miles on it when I bought it. Now its around 10xxx miles I believe its the original motor so the block and head have a total of 144xxx miles.
New OEM rings
New OEM bearings
New OEM timing belt and tensioner
New OEM water pump
Rebuilt cylinder head
Stock cams and compression
All new OEM gaskets and seals everywhere

The motor ran strong and made it from upstate NY to San Antonio last summer with no motor issues. Im an engine newb, so I cant say for sure that you could bolt it in, hook everything up and drive across the country. I will get some pics up soon.

Would 600 picked up be a fair asking price? Is there any interest in this motor? LMK

Tyler

transparentdsm

tyler for 200 bucks ups with ship it across country. i shipped a motor from jersey to cali last year and it wasn't bad. make sure there is no fluid in it, plug up all holes, make a little pallet for the motor to sit on, strap it down to the pallet then wrap a cardboard box around it. it took me 40 minutes to box it up and with 2 people you can get the motor off a truck bed and on the ground where they can hand dolly it from there.

just a thought.

GSX_TC

I'd be interested in taking it off your hands for one one of 1G's. Plus I'm close by already so no need for shipping.

transparentdsm

if i lived anywhere near you guys i would have gotten it the day he posted the ad. 600 for a long block... thats what i sold my blown up longblock for. but mine had the turbo and manifolds and everything.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned