The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: South Bend Clutch Heavy Duty TZ/B Clutch and SS PP and Fidanza FW [SOLD]

mooserage

Staff member
For sale is a South Bend Clutch Heavy Duty TZ/B-Series Clutch, SS Pressure Plate and Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel. They are technically used with less than 5 miles on them.

Why I'm selling:
Basically, I bought this kit and asked a local mechanic to put it in with the Fidanza flywheel. Once in, the clutch wouldn't disengage unless you forced the clutch pedal against the floor, hence the quick jaunt up the street to test the clutch out. He thought it was the clutch or flywheel, took it out(scratching the paint off the PP with the input shaft while removing it)and put an OEM replacement in and just re-machined the old flywheel. This didn't change anything and a bent fork was finally decided to be the culprit, the fork was changed and viola, car worked. So now I have a basically new Clutch, PP, and Flywheel that I'll no longer use. My loss, your gain.

Asking $350 shipped OBO for South Bend Clutch Heavy Duty TZ/B-Series (Kevlar/Ceramic for use with Aluminum FW)
Please see this link for more info on the kit: click This does not include the throwout bearing or alignment tool, you will need to source those.

Asking $100 shipped OBO Fidanza 161691 Aluminum Flywheel and Hardware
This is the flywheel, with new OEM studs installed, no nuts. Also a new plate and flywheel bolt kit (with the longer bolts for the plate thickness), obviously everything has been installed.

$400 shipped OBO for both
Everything sold AS-IS.

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

121463e8-dc84-4287-9b5f-b5c73f5ec0f4.jpg

d68bbb6c-b6a8-4613-a7ea-c5e3acaa10f2.jpg

cd2d802d-7e6b-433e-84a0-1061209d3384.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

Last edited:

turbowop

Holy sh*t. Good deal! Same clutch I run in 1051 now, but I use an ACT chromo flywheel. Somebody should jump on this!

*edit* I run the SS-X "super" heavy duty pressure plate I guess, but either way, great deal on a quality product.

Last edited:

maxash0775

I think this pos was meant for me. Just read my post in the technical section and you will see why. My only question is that k don't get the part on the pen nuts on the flywheel. If I can get that settled in my head I would love to take the clutch and flywheel off your hands.

Gizmovr4

PM sent

maxash0775

^^"pos" above was supposed to be post, don't want some ont to think is stands for another type of POS. lol

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned