The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Full AMG Sides (Reps)

GVR4ZUM

Hello,
I have a set of full AMG sides (Reps) for sale, they are white in color (Not Summit)
I prefer local pickup for now and the price is $850
Hurry before I change my mind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:

5OF2k

Replica sides for $850? Not to hate, but DAYUM!! Even fake AMG sheit is stupid pricey??

jnava

Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif its hard enough to find the real sh*t. On top of that, most of the kits are with the Malaysian fellas who will probably die before they sell it. Not bad for 850. My question is, when will you find another set for sale?... I haven't in the 5 years I've been on the board. Maybe some of the OG's have...

GSX_TC

Gotta pay the cost to be the fake boss. Lol

James

Fact of the matter is the chances of you finding someone in the US that can tell the difference between AMG and knockoff AMG is slim to none. Do we even have 5 members on this board with AMG galants?

GSX_TC

Jordan, baz, Jeremy, Brian, and that new guy that now owns the white one that goes a long way back.

kama1

I think 850 is a great price for the side reps since its in the us already.
I can get it a bit cheaper here but shipping there will definely cost a lot.more than 850 thats for sure.
I remember a white one with amg bumpers but no sides,he could be the perfect one to buy this.

Edit:here 1571

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Yep that's the white one I was talking about. This would be perfect for that car.

raptorWagon

I bought a set of Paulo's replica sides and grill for $400 from Hittman, then turned around a year later and traded them for a rear axle and other parts. So I'd say $850 is steep for replica sides unless they are made to bolt right on with factory clips, but if they are like the ones I had, then they must be molded on.

Hittman

Yea i was about to chime in RR...unless these have clips 850 is steeeeep...then again, supply and demand rings true for anything AMG.

curtis

I haz copies I want real ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

GVR4ZUM

To mount them you have to drill a small hole for the studs and nuts, also needs double sided tape.
Or you can have them molded in and just cut the studs.

curtis

Well since I have the same things for the car and have personally looked at and held them and pondered the mounting here's what I've come up with. From the factory mitsubishi put to lines of holes for the clips to lock into. If you take a piece of aluminum flat bar and drill holes at the same spacing as the holes in the door. Then you can use some of those cool studs from the mitsubishi 2G air meter air boxes. If you don't know what I'm talking about look at a any of the oval meters in the junkyard..... the air boxes have studs pressed in them to hold the meter. super thin line head and will press on and stay put. after the two bars on each door are mounted you can get a seam sealer kit from a nice paint store. Its a two part epoxy with two tubes of stuff made into one tube and use a chalking gun to squeeze out and mixes in the outlet tube. Place the 3m double sided tape on the outer edge of the panel then lay the two beads and apply. Not sure if the aluminum bar needs to be 1/8 inch or 1/2 inch because I haven't done it yet but this will work and the seam sealer stuff is stronger than steel. Friend worked at a body shop and the vender took two pieces of sheet steel bonded together and they attached it to the frame machine and laid to it with the hydraulics.... the steel ripped but the bond held so this will work and be permanent and will require pulling the door panel to get them off but honestly how many times have you pulled the outer side panels off your car. Stuff works so well even the new Aston Martin's are glued together and not welded.

Maybe this will help you out.

LIV4PSI

Did these ever sale?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts